Chapter 1

Violet's POV -

*
I'm running, I'm running fast, as fast as my feet can move. I don't look behind me knowing that it will lead to terrible consequences. I speed up even more and I hear my heart pumping in my chest. I feel a falling sensation and then everything goes black. I start to feel liquid but I'm still blind to my surroundings. The liquid turns to a gooey texture and I can feel it seeping through my ears and nostrils. I then feel pressure in my head, which grows to pain as I am enveloped in a world full of darkness.
*

I wake up with my head pounding and my heart beating out of my chest. I sit up and wipe the sweat off my forehead. I sigh and look around me. I'm in my 3 room apartment. One room has a small bed, another has a bathroom, and the last one is a kitchen/living room. I check my clock and it's 5:00am. "I guess I'm going for a walk" I say out loud. I don't live with my parents because they said that it's almost my 18th birthday so I should be able to fend for myself. I guess I'm okay. Apart from the nightmares; but I know they're not real.

I get out of bed and put on a pair of jeans and a floral crop top as well as a jumper. It's pretty cold out, so I grab a jacket as well. It's Saturday, so no school, thank god. I forget about my hair and step outside feeling a cold breeze that rattles my bones.

I walk for about 10 minutes until I reach my favourite park. It's rather plain, but there are some orange trees which are really beautiful. I sit on a bench and close my eyes for a moment. I openly eyes again, to see 3 dark figures walking towards me. "I am seriously not in the mood for this" I mutter to myself. "What's a pretty little lady like yourself doing out now?" I large dirty looking man asks with a snarl. I stay put on the bench and wait. "You too scared to answer?" Says another man.

I smirk.

"Quite the opposite" I say through gritted teeth. "I don't like your attitude" growls the last man. "And I don't like your face" I say smiling. They look at me angrily ready to punch when I immediately stand up and swing my arm back and punch the 3rd man square in the face. He collapses.

"Now your gonna pay" said the 1st man. I smirk and pull my arm back tricking him. He gets ready to push my arm back, but instead of punching him, I use my leg to trip him over. I punch him hard in the nose.

"Come on girlie, show me what you got" the last man standing says, getting his fists ready for a fight and cracking his neck. I laugh and bring my arms by my sides. He looks at me confused and in that moment, I turn on my side and kick him right in the face so that he collapses.

"Can't I just have a peaceful walk in the park?" I question the passed out men. I dust off my clothes and walk back to my apartment. I close the door and get out some cereal. I hear a knock at the door. I look at the clock, 6:00 am. Who knocks at 6:00 am?

I open the door quickly wanting to get this done and over with. A man dressed in all black stands there leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. "What's your name?" He asks roughly. "And I should tell you because?" I ask, trailing off at the end. He turns so that his body is not in the shadows. His jaw is strong and he has a slight stubble growing. His hair is fairly short and a sort of chestnut colour. And his eyes, are dark dark brown, they almost symbolise his personality.

"Because I need to know who you are" he says, clearly frustrated. "Please go away, or you'll regret it" I tell him confidently. "And if I don't?" He asks smirking. How ever handsome this guy is, he's pissing me off. "Hey pretty boy, leave now, you're not getting anything from me" I say in a sly voice. He chuckles. "No, your right, but you're going to get something from me". "Funny." I say sarcastically. He suddenly pulls me by the wrist and shuts the door. Luckily I still have my key in my hand. I tuck it into my uggs and stand there with crossed arms. He gets his fists ready for a fight. Seriously? I just went through this!

I want this to be over so I try to kick him in the face but he grabs my leg and flips me over. I use my front door as a rebound and turn 360 degrees in the air letting me land in the original position. His eyes widen. I see he's protected himself well, but his crotch certainly isn't. I go for it. I knee him hard in the groin and he doubles over in pain. I slap him in the face then just to end his suffering, I punch him hard in the nose, causing him to black out.

I am seriously done with fighting. I know I'm pretty good at it, but I just want a normal, carefree life. I look at the man on the floor. Handsome. Very handsome. I decide to drag him in, if he stays out here he'll just knock again which will piss me off even more. I get my keys from my uggs and open the door. I drag the man in and place him on the sofa. I go back to my room to read a magazine. I lie on the bed and read for a while, knowing that this mysterious man with eventually wake up. I groan to myself, imagining of what he'll try to do to me.

Why did he want my name? And how did he find me? I decide to make a mental note : Violet don't let strange guys follow you home.

I push my hair back with my fingers and as I do, I fall asleep.