Chapter 7

Eric's POV -

I swing my fist one last time and finally, the man collapses and falls into unconsciousness. I grin in victory but suddenly remember Violet. I curse under my breath, and run over to her. She's out cold.

I scoop her up in my arms, and look at her closely. Black eye, nose bleed, mouth bleeding and one small tear mark. I suddenly have the urge to kill that man. Violet isn't the type to cry, so this is just heart breaking.

I place a soft kiss on her forehead and notice a woman dead on the floor. "Her mother" I whisper under my breath. I walk up to the woman with Violet still in my arms. I look at her mother. They look so different.

Violet's blond hair and tanned skin is a complete contrast to her mothers dark brown hair and pale white skin. Although she's dead, her cheeks have a faded rosy tint. I turn to see Rob on the floor with multiple bruises forming on his face. "Serves you right" I say loudly and kick him slightly. I look down at Violet.

Although she's been beaten up, she's so beautiful. I have the urge to kiss her, but it's too soon. I stroke her hair and place her down on the ground again. As I do, I hear a metal 'clank'. I look through her pockets and find a small but strong gun. "She was going to kill him" I ponder to myself.

•~•~•

I watch carefully as she wakes up. First her finger twitches and her eyes flutter open. "Eric" she breaths, a sign of relief in her voice. "Violet, are you okay?" I ask her. I immediately wish I didn't ask. How can you be okay, if your mother got killed and you're beaten up?

I groan a little at my stupidity. I look deep into her eyes, and immediately she burst into a fit of tears. "Shh, shh, it's okay" I whisper, rocking her.

"I-I'm sorry, I'm b-being w-weak" she stutters in between harsh breaths. "No, your not. You're okay, everything's okay" I say in a calm tone, making her calm down a little.

I lift her up so that I can hug her, and she wraps her arms around my neck, while I wrap my arms around her slender waist. "Thank you Eric" she whispers. I smile and stroke the back of her head. "Let's get you back" I tell her, pulling her out of the embrace. "Wait" she says.

She smoothes herself down and walks professionally to Rob. She pulls out the gun. She prepares the gun, and just before she's about to shoot, she looks at me. I nod in approval. He deserves to die. She comes up close to him and mutters through gritted teeth "go to hell". She presses the trigger, and the loud sound echoes through the empty house. I watch as blood trickles from his head and she inserts the gun back into her pocket.

Next, she walks over to her mother. She places a subtle kiss on her head "I love you" she whispers. I honestly feel like crying.

I walk over to her and bend down to pick up her dead mother. We walk back to my car and I place the light weight woman in the back of the car. Violet and I get into the front and I drive off, every so often looking at Violet. She looks out of the window and I can tell that she's thinking.

"I didn't even speak to her. For 5 years" she mutters. Her hand lies weakly on her seat and I place my large sturdy one on top of hers. She looks at me longingly and gives me a sad smile. I return it and continue to drive, with my had still perched on hers.

Violet's POV -

You're weak. You should be dead. You're weak. You should be dead.

The words repeat in my head like they are on loop. I stare out of the window, looking at nothing in particular, just thinking about my dead mother, who happens to be in the back of the car.

Tears threaten to flow, but I hold them back. No need to cry. It'll only make it worse. I catch a quick glimpse of Eric looking straight at the road. His chiseled features make him look strong, but there are moments, like when you look into his eyes, when he seems kind and generous.

Eric is incredible. I don't understand why Theo doesn't like him. I squeeze his hand making him look at me. "Thank you" I whisper with a small smile. He saved me. He could have let me die, but he saved me.

In return, he squeezes my hand gently and makes small circles on my skin using his thumb. It's rather reassuring.

I take a deep breath as we arrive at the base to find everyone waiting outside. "What's going on?" I ask Eric. In return he shrugs slightly, obviously as confused as I am. As soon as a get out of the car, everyone is surrounding me.

"Are you okay?" "What happened?" "Where's Rob?" "Where's your mother?" "Why are you beaten up?"

The questions are thrown at me like giant rocks. Painful. Each question makes my mind turn back to the incident. I sigh, and try to fight through the small but annoying crowd of 13 people. Eric stands behind me, trying to shut everyone up, while Theo just watches with a grim face.

After 10 minutes of non stop questioning, Theo decides to step in. "Enough!" He shouts, causing everyone to step back. He walks up to me, and eyes Eric strangely, then turns to me.

He eyes me up and down, taking in my appearance. He starts at my toes and once he reaches my face, his eyes grow wide.

He curses under his breath and drags me inside. We walk quickly to his small office, with me limping and him almost at a jog. I notice Eric coming after us.

We enter his office and he sits me down in leather chair. After searching for a couple of minutes, he finds a small box, full of disinfectant, plasters, medicine and other necessary things.

He sits down and looks at me worriedly, before cleaning my face with water, washing away any blood. He then dabs any cuts with disinfectant and finally, he is left with my large black eye. He squints as he looks at it.

He gently places his hand on my cheek and rubs my black eye with his thumb. I wince in pain, and almost let out a squeal, which I luckily hold in.

He hands me some pain killers and then he notices some blood on the top of my head. Everything is hurting so much, and I was hoping he wouldn't realise the gash in my skull, because I hate when people worry about me.

He stands up and peers at the opening in my head. He gasps slightly and automatically lifts me off my feet. "What are you doing?" I say angrily, as he holds me carefully in his arms. I try to wriggle out of his tight grasp, but he simply holds me closer. Although I'm in so much pain right now, all I can think about is how close I am to him.

He's warm and comforting and he obviously cares about my well being. Since I've joined S.H.A.D.E. I've become way too sappy. It's really getting on my nerves. I shake my bleeding head to get rid of any thoughts and ask Theo again. "What are you doing!" I scream at him, making my head throb.

"You've got a gash in your skull. You need to go to hospital." He says, looking into my eyes. Usually he's so easy to read, but now, I'm not sure. I know he pity's me, but it's something else.

Happiness? Sadness? Anger? Hatred?

Love?

Hello! Here is my lovely update. I'm so sorry about not posting. Really, I am. If you read the 'please read' page then you'll know that you can be in this fan fic!

Just go back to 'Please Read' page and it's got all the info there. Also, if you have any ideas for this story, then share!

Hear from you soon! x

Gracias xx