Chapter 9

~•~•

Theo's POV -

After the surgery, V had to stay in her new accommodation for a while. Her injuries were bad, but somehow she fought through it. I'm sitting next to her on her bed, watching the TV. I look at Violet intently. What is this girl doing to me?

Ugh I want to kiss her

Shut up brain. You're not helping.

You know you want to.

Stop!

The last time I had a conversation with myself was when I first saw Violet.

"What?" Violet asks me in an innocent tone. "What?" I answer, mimicking her voice. "You just shouted stop. Did I do something?" She asks me.

God I'm embarrassed. "No, no, I was just thinking." I tell her, trying to cover up what I was really thinking about. She shrugs, and I can't help but look at her lips. They have a slight pink tint to them which matches perfectly to her beautiful blonde hair.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She asks me, keeping her eyes glued to the screen.

I look down suddenly extremely interested in my hands. "No reason" I lie. Smooth Theo, real smooth.

I shake my head a little to stop my brain from interfering. Saved by the bell, or in fact Marie, the door swings open revealing the short old lady. "How are you feeling darling?" She asks Violet walking up to us. "A lot better thank you" she replies politely.

"Great! Well it looks like you're good to go. If you start having any pains in your head, please come back" Marie says with a soft smile plastered on her lips.

Violet nods in return and begins to get out of bed. She closes her eyes for a moment and I hold her waist to steady her. "Careful" I tell her, making sure she's not dizzy. She nods in thanks and pushes open the bedroom door.

Eventually we reach the main room, where we are greeted with a room full of hard working people. I sigh and scan everyone before me. I honestly can't believe I started S.H.A.D.E. It feels like such a short time ago that I felt vulnerable and bullied. In fact, I was bullied badly in primary school and a little of secondary school.

Taking self defence lessons was probably one of the best decisions I have ever made. I look down at Violet who is texting on her phone. "Who are you texting?" I ask her. Sue me, I'm curious.

"Oh, just Eric" she says giggling at something on her phone. I tense at his name. Eric. There's something about him. We never had a good past. In fact, he used to be a Bull himself until we changed him. But I'm afraid he's still like that.

I have to protect V. Just incase.

I peer down at her phone and watch her thumbs tap quickly on the keyboard and have a quick glance at the texts.

~
Eric - heya, u feeling better

Violet - much

Eric - it's my charm. I make everything better ;)

Violet - maybe :P

Eric - u wanna do something today?

Violet - what do u hv in mind.

Eric - it's a surprise ;D

Violet - hmmm... Cheeky. Count me in xx

~

I hold back the growl that it inching its way out of my mouth. Why two x's? What does she see in him? I'm acting all clingy, this is so not me. I've never felt like this since... Angie. I honestly can't remember the last time I thought about Angie.

We were in a strong relationship for a really long time, until one day, it all fell apart. I remember coming home to fire engines, a crowd of people and our burnt down house. There were a few stretchers being wheeled away by paramedics and I remember the confusion I felt. "What happened?" I had demanded from one of the doctors.

"There was an uncontrollable fire and this house burnt down. A woman and a golden retriever were found in the house... But... They were already dead."

When I had heard the paramedic say this, I had broken down. I fell to my knees and all I could do was sob. Angie, my beautiful, funny, cute, kind, incredible girlfriend had died in a fire. In a way, I blame myself. I had decided to walk home slowly because it was a nice day. If I had got there quicker it could have never happened.

I-I was going to propose to her that night. I new I was only 18 but I felt like I needed to spend the res of my life with her. And it all went up in flames, literally.

I could feel tears pricking at my eyes. I blinked a couple of times to clear my vision and found Violet looking at me worriedly. "Theo, are you okay?" She asks me, with true concern in her tone of voice.

I nod, in a poor attempt to say 'yes', and I suppose she didn't want to press for the answer anymore.

She grabs my hand and I feel a current of electricity pass through me. "If you need to talk, I'm here" she says, slightly squeezing my hand.

"Thank you" I reply with a warm smile.

Yes, thank you for being so beautiful.

Here we go again...

You know you want her. You're so jealous of Eric!

Ugh shut up brain!

Hey, you know the way you feel. You like her, and that's that.

I sigh in surrender. Fine! I admit it! I like her. There!

The only problem is that it looks like she likes Eric, so I don't know how I'm going to ever be with her.

She waves goodbye and walks to her desk, sitting down. I watch as she ties up her hair and I smile at her. My goodness she's gorgeous.

Shut up Theo, she likes someone else.

This is my life. Liking a girl that's already taken.

I slowly walk to my desk, making sure i smile at Violet and sit in my seat. I get to work immediately. Working keeps me busy, and I really need that right now.

I collect several pieces of paper and study them. This is going to be a long day...