Chapter 21

Eric's POV -

"I work for David..." I mutter, waiting for Violet's reaction. I knew I would have to tell her soon, but I never wanted it to be this way.

I've worked for David for 5 years, so technically I've been his undercover spy. Every night, I sneak out of the base and meet David somewhere, and I tell him what we're up to. That's how he knew we were coming. That's how he knew we were looking through the videos and that's how he's so good at hiding from us.

I look into Violet's eyes, which are full of tears and I push a strand of her hair behind her ear. As a tuck her golden hair away from her face; she flinches. Violet, the girl who I am so in love with flinched when I touch her. "Violet." I whisper, trying to make her more comfortable, but her shoulders are tense and there is no emotion in her eyes.

"Violet!" I plead. "Talk to me! Please!" I almost shout, gripping at her hands tightly. She pulls away, and looks at me with disgust. I feel my heart shatter and all I want to do it pull her into a warm embrace. "Get away from me, you murderer." She spits, narrowing her eyes. My breathing falters for a moment and I feel like killing myself. How can the person that loved me, hate me so easily. "Violet, I can't stay away from you. I love you!" I tell her, feeling tears pricking at my eyes.

"Don't talk to me, don't look at me, don't think about me. You're disgusting. Go to the murdering side. Go on! I don't want to see you again. And if I do, God help me if I don't kill you." She hisses, every word taring my heart to shreds just a little more.

"Please Violet. I didn't tell you, because I wanted to protect you!" I offer. "Ha! You think I hate you because you didn't tell me? That's hilarious Eric, really hilarious. The fact that you think I'm angry because of a secret proves that we shouldn't be together. Get the fvck away from me." She screams, pushing at my chest hard. I stumble a little, and trip over something. I find myself lying on the floor, with Violet towering over me.

"You make me sick." She mutters, looking down at me. She turns on her heel and walks away from me. From my life.

Theo's POV -

I watch the whole scene unravel in front of me, and I can't help but feel proud of Violet. She finally realises what a terrible person Eric is, and I couldn't be more grateful. I watch as she storms away from Eric and walks in my direction. She's probably going to Eliza and Selena for comfort, and I can't blame her. I watch carefully as she stomps her way, sliding past people in the process. I catch her eye, and she strides towards me. Not to Eliza and Selena. My heart fills with happiness when she stands by my side, and I place a hand on her shoulder. She takes my hand off of her shoulder, and grabs it with her own hand. Her hand is warm at the touch and I make small circles over her skin with my thumb. She turns to face me and gives me a small smile. I return it and give her hand a little squeeze.

We watch together as Eric stands up and looks over at David who seems to be talking to himself. I wouldn't be surprised if he was on drugs. Eric's gaze drifts to Violet and I grip at her hand protectively. Eric's jaw clenches and every pair of eyes in the room are settled on him and only him. Eric straightens out his back and walks towards us. His features have changed from soft and pleading to slightly amused but angry.

What was so funny, I have no idea. He stops in front of Violet and a the corner of his lip turns up, revealing a sly smirk. Violet narrows her eyes, and to be honest, both of them look pretty intimidating. My hand stays connected to Violet and she doesn't protest. "What did I tell you? Get away from me." She hisses through a clenched jaw. "I'm not here to talk to you Violet. Although I do want to say, you're making a huge mistake. I'm here for Theo." Eric spits. He turns to me, and although I'm slightly taller than him, my height doesn't make me look anymore intimidating.

Eric's smirk continues to play on his lips, and I want to have a full on fight with him, but I know I can't. "Ah, Theo." He says, looking straight at me. "Eric. Finally showing who we really are, are we? Did the act start to get too tiring?" I answer sternly. He doesn't say anything, but starts to tap his foot on the ground. "What do you want Eric?" I ask impatiently. "Let me tell you a little story Theo. How about... Angie." He says, knowing that it's hitting my soft spot. He grins at my discomfort, so I straighten out and look him dead in the eye.

"What about her?" I question, trying to keep any emotion out of my voice, but failing miserably. My voice falters a little and I mentally face palm myself. "Ah, well Theo. You see. Me and Angie had this connection, as you knew perfectly well. Unfortunately, your cluelessness shone through when you totally ignored me. Theo, me and Angie were always together, but you decided to land you're fat arse in our life. Did you ever know that I loved Angie? Did you ever think that I spent all my time with her because I loved her? No. Because all you do is think about yourself. That night when I asked her out to dinner with me, you had to barge in and invite yourself. What kind of person does that? And when you came, when it was practically our first date, you had to steal Angie and keep her for yourself, when she was my date.

How did you think I felt when she kissed you on the cheek right in front of me?" He says slowly, as if I was a child who didn't understand English. I feel like a moron. But that sudden feeling of idiocy passes, when I realise all he's doing is making me feel bad. Sure, I may have ruined his chances of being with the person he loved, but what if I loved her too?

"How is it my fault that she chose me, over you?" I ask, gritting my teeth. Eric huffs slightly, but ignores my comment.

"Theo, would you like to know how Angie died that night?" Eric asks, his voice bubbling over with anger. "Eric, I know how she bloody died. A fire. And you know that too." I reply. "Theo, you had everything, and I didn't want to see you get everything you wanted. How is it fair that I worked to damn hard to get anything, but you got everything handed to you on a golden plate?" I asks. "How has this got anything to do with Angie's death?" I say, raising an eyebrow.

"Angie died from a fire, but something must have caused that fire." He says, his eyes narrowing.

"W-what are y-you saying?" I stutter.

"I started that fire."

Ohhhh snap. Eric sure is eeevviilll 😈
Hope you all liked the chapter. Like and comment.

Wish me luck! I have a rowing championships tomorrow, and I'm so nervous!

See you.
Gracias xx