Chapter 28

Violet's POV -

I sit against the wall with my arms hugging my knees. However much I want to cry, I can't, it's like ever ounce of water has been sucked from my body. I can only imagine what I look like right now, but I can feel the bruises and cuts and my lips are painfully chapped. I'm more angry than sad now. How dare he do this to me! How dare he think he owns me! I am not some sort of pet! I feel the urge to punch something flood my veins and I turn so I'm facing the wall that I was just leaning on.

I clench my hand into a fist.
"I!"
Punch.
"Hate!"
Punch.
"My!"
Punch.
"Life!"
Punch.

I look down at my bleeding knuckles and rub them. I close my eyes and calm myself. Suddenly, I see some sort of white powder dance before my eyes. What is that?

I slowly look up, and find myself looking at the leak on the ceiling. The powder that had dropped was plaster. The impact of my punches had somehow weakened the ceiling. What if I could make more plaster come down?

I punch the wall harder and more plaster falls from the ceiling. I punch again and again, ignoring the unimaginable pain and grit my teeth. More plaster falls onto me and the ground and soon, the whole area is dusted with a thick coating of powdered plaster. I quickly push away all the powder into a corner, just incase Eric comes in and look at my work.

More than half of the plaster from the patch on the ceiling as peeled off and a couple more throws at the wall should make at least a small hole. Come on Violet, you're going to get yourself out of here. But then I think about my condition. I'm already terribly weak as it is, what will happen if I do get out? Where will I go? How far away from home am I? Maybe this isn't such a good idea. Going against the small conflict going on in my mind, I punch a couple more times, and I fianlly see a five cenitmetre hole in the ceiling. Grinning at my efforts, I think of a way in which I can reach the ceiling and make the hole bigger. I look around, searching for anything that's remotly tall, and my eyes land on the nail bed. I run towards it, grab the end, and begin to drag. It's made of alll metal, and my tired limbs almost give way. My sudden encouragment pushes me to proceed, and eventually the bed is under the leak. Then, I slowly lift the end the end of the bed above my head, so my arms are sticking upwards, and balance it on the metal head.

When the bed is properly propped up, and it's almost touching the ceiling, I look up at the ceiling again. Now I just have to get up there. I push my sleeves up, and ignore the pain when I press my hands on the nails and pull myself up. Next, I put my foot on a lone nail, and continue to climb, every prick sending waves of pain through my body.

When I find my self at the top of the bed, I have new cuts and they sting like hell. I build up the power in my arm by swing it back, and my fist comes into contact with the ceiling. I grip to the bed with my left hand and punch with my right continuously.

After five hits, the rest of the plaster doesn't budge, and I'm about to give up. But when I think about getting out of this hell hole, I go again, harder and harder, faster and faster.

Suddenly, the area of ceiling crumbles and huge pieces of plaster and wood fall down and hit me over the head. My vision goes blurry for a moment, but it soon recovers and I look above me. The hole has grown significantly and I can probably just about make it through.

I look around me, mentally saying goodbye, and step on the highest nails and push myself up. First, I push my arms through, and rest them on the floor above, hoping to God there's no one there. To my luck, the room is totally empty and I smirk.

Using my arms as best I can, I pull my body through, and carefully sit on the floor. Looking around properly, the room is almost the same as the one below, but there are no stretchers or nail beds, thankfully. I shake my painful limbs, and think about where I'm going to go. There is one small window in the room, and I run towards it looking around wearily. Looking out the window, I realise that the building I'm in is in a forest. The trees outside loom over the building like monsters and almost no sky can be seen. I look down and realise I'm 3 levels high, so there's no way I can jump. Without thinking, I poke my head out the window, then my shoulders, my arms, my body, and finally my legs. I find myself standing on a thin ledge, and the wind whips around me. I shiver, then look down. I turn around, my back towards the trees, bend my knees and step back. As soon as I feel the air rushing past me, I freak out. I hold my scream in, afraid of Eric finding me, but I let my arms flail about, with no control. I don't know why I jumped, I guess I had nothing to loose. When I hit the ground, I'm scared that it will be like in my dream. But it's not. Although the pain is killing worthy, I'm still alive. I'm still alive. I stare at the trees above me a little longer, before groaning quietly and then propping myself up. Then I stand up, slowly, and limp my way through trees and bushes having no idea where I'm going. It doesn't matter where I go, I just have to get out of here.

So I keep going, limping along, until I collapse and fall asleep under a huge oak tree.

Theo's POV -

After searching everywhere, there are still no traces of Violet, and I'm so afraid that she's dead. We went back to Summerset Mansion last, just to check for any clues, but there was nothing. It was all cleaned up, as if none of this really happened. I feel so hopless, everything I do, makes no difference. I've ordered the crew to look through every camera, ever database, but still nothing. Do you know what Chloe sayed to me yesterday? "Why are you so worked up over this one girl? Why is she so special?" I gave Chloe a piece of my mind. Now, I'm not the type to hurt a girl, but she needed a smack in the face, and that's exactly what I did. She was a little shocked, but walked away none the less.

Anyway, I'm in my room now, on my uncomfortable bed, staring at the wall. It seemed like everything was so carefree with Violet around, but I realise what a burden I've been to her. I was the one who pushed her to get involved with all this danger. I was the one who had the idea of following. I was the one who... went to her house that night. The night she beat me up. I smirk at the memory. She's such a tough girl, doesn't take no for an answer. And I miss her. God, I miss her.

I wonder what she's doing right now. Maybe she's okay, or maybe not. I try to expect the worst, but there's that nagging thought in the back of my mind telling me that she's the happiest she's ever been. But in reality, that can't be true, because she's with him. Eric. I knew he was bad news, but I was so stupid and clueless! Of course he had something to do with David. Of course he did. If Eric so much as laid a finger on Violet I- I would kill him. Or at least get someone else too. Whichever way, I would want him dead.

Hey guys! I really hope you're liking this! I have some ideas on the way, so hang tight and read :P

Anyways, enjoy the book as much as I enjoy writing it (that's a lot btw :) )

Gracias xx