Chapter 29

This chapter is dedicated to @maddie_67 . She's writing a new book called "Left Behind" - it's a 5SOS fanfic, and it would be great if you could read it. It's very cute and has a great plot, so yeah, read it!!

Thank you! Okay, on with the story...

Violet's POV -

I slowly wake up, huddled against the tree, wearing the huge jumper Eric had generously given me earlier. Rubbing my eyes, I stand up, stretch and look around me. The sun is just rising, and there is a cool breeze which blows through my hair. Although my legs are totally revealed, I continue to walk, in no particular direction and let myself daydream for a while.

What if Theo and the crew don't want me back? What if I was better off with Eric? I mean, he gave me a place to stay, he spent time with me, my dad's there.

What am I talking about? Of course I don't want to go back there! I'd rather die! It seems that Eric has already taken over my mind, next thing I know, I'll be walking back to the building begging Eric to abuse me. But that is not going to happen. I've changed a lot since all of this happened, mostly starting from when I joined S.H.A.D.E. I was just that normal, average teenager. I did my homework, I went to lessons. I guess I didn't hang out with friends or whatever, I just wasn't like that. And now look at me. A 17 year old girl, who works in some sort of police force, has been abused and raped. It's just not normal. And god do I wish I was normal.

---

After probably two hours of walking, the sun is up, the wind has picked up and the forest has become thinner. Less trees crowd the area and I can now see the sky which is a pretty light blue. I decide to rest my already tired muscles, and sit in the long overgrown grass. After my breathing returns to normal, I stand up again, and I run. I run because I feel like it and it's the best feeling in the world. After being confined in a concrete room for almost four days, running seems like the only type of freedom. My eyes burn as the harsh wind blows past me, and I laugh through pure exhilaration. Although running is fun, it certainly makes you tired, and I crouch down, placing my hands on my knees. Huffing out a shaky breath, I continue on my walk watching as the sky turns dark after a whole day, lying down again, for a long much needed rest.

Theo's POV

Missing, Violet Foster - 17 years old - blonde hair, brown eyes - 5' 4" height.

I read it over yet again and think through anymore important information. That's right, we've resolved to missing posters. When we're a police force. Just brilliant. Sometimes I wonder if all of this is even helping us. I mean, almost five days she's been missing. Five days.

I decide to give it one more day. If we can't find any traces of her by then, then I will assume she's dead. Pushing my fingers through my hair, I stand up and walk out of my office, reaching the front door of the base and getting in my Range Rover. First, I drive around locally, stopping every so often to pin up some missing posters. Then I drive around 30 minutes away, incase she's further from the base, and put some up there. I drive for another 30 minutes, pinning up my final missing posters there, and retreat back to the base.

Violet's POV -

Trudging along, I can't help but wish I at least had some music or something. You'd think I would be completely excited to be out of there, but really, I'm scared and... Well, very tired. I know I'm getting closer to some sort of town, because the faint sound of cars horns fills the air. Picking up my speed, I walk, well limp, in what I think to be a North direction. 10 minutes later, I find myself in the centre of a busy town square, roads and parks surrounding me, making me feel at least a little at home. I look down and remember my appearance. I get many curious glances, but no ones bothers to help, unfortunately.

I pass a broken lamp post when I see a poster with a girls face. I stop in my tracks, look at the girl and realise, that girl is me.

Missing, Violet Foster - 17 years old - blonde hair, brown eyes - 5' 4" height.

It reads, making me tear up. They really were looking for me. I immediately search for police, surely they can help me locate where the crew are. Searching around me, I finally notice a policeman and a policewoman strolling along the path. Running up to them, making them a little startled, I stop their patrolling.

"Excuse me, I have an emergency. This girl on the poster-" I pause, showing them the piece of paper. "- is me. Can I please use a walkie -talkie, please!" I beg, almost on my knees. "Goodness, what happened?" The policewoman asks, looking at me shocked. "I can explain everything, but please, can I use your walkie-talkie?" I repeat myself, earning myself some worried looks. The policeman nods, and hands me his walkie-talkie which was momentarily clipped to his jacket.

"Here." He says, handing it over. I thank him, and take the radio, getting straight to work. Quickly, I change the station to 67, the one which Theo is constantly using and press the button.

"Come in, S.H.A.D.E. Crew? Come in?" I say harshly into the speaker. "Miles speaking, who am I talking to?" He asks. "Miles, for gods sake, it's me! Violet!" I almost shout into the walkie-talkie. "Violet? Oh my god! Wait, hang on." He says, and I'm left with silence. About 5 minutes later, no one has spoken, and I'm about to give up, when I hear a deep, tired voice booming from the the small box I'm holding.

"Violet! Violet, where are you? We're going to help you. We're coming." Theo shouts breathlessly. "I'm... Okay. I'm in-" I stop, looking at the police for assistance. "Greensburry" the police man says with a nod. I nod in thanks and get back to the conversation. "I'm in Greensburry square, Theo. Please come." I whisper, feeling hot tears spill down my cheeks. "We're on our way." He says hurriedly, and the conversation is over.

"Let's get you cleaned up. You're going to have to tell us exactly what this is about." The policewoman tells me. "Okay, thank you." I reply, following the two of them. "We called the ambulance to come, but I don't think you need to go to hospital. Just sit tight, and stay warm." She informs, handing me a blanket.

I take it gratefully, and pull it around me, snuggling into it for dear life and waiting. Waiting. I look around me, and mentally pause the scene around me.

*pause*

Cars rush around me, their bright colours almost a figure of my imagination as they leave just as quickly as the came. An ambulance vehicle is parked safely on the side of the road, with a tall, pale man searching through its boot. The policeman and woman seem to be having an intense conversation, their mouths moving, but I don't hear any sound.

I watch as members of the public curiously question the police. "What's going on?" "What's happening?" They ask. They have no idea.

The police answer with vague replies, mostly because they're unsure themselves. I'm the only one who knows what's going on. And Eric. Eric. He will hunt me down and kill me if he sees I'm gone. Correction : when he sees I'm gone.

I can imagine it now. Eric storming into the cold cement room, his teeth gritted, eyes blood-shot, fists clenched. He would look around the room angrily, and once he notices I'm not there, and he sees the whole in the ceiling, he'll come for me. He's probably on the way now. He probably knows I'm in the town. I feel so stupid! I shouldn't have come to town, it's easy to find me here. But in the forest, at least I had a slight chance of staying hidden.

*play*

I wipe away the falling tears and grit my teeth at the painful movement of my arm. I wonder how long it'll take for my body to fully recover. Probably months. Months of pain. Looking down, I watch a flow of blood coming from my leg, letting it settle on the dirty street. I know the excessive loss of blood is unhealthy, but what can I do? As I hear cars pull up in front of me, my vision turns fuzzy, and I'm unable to think, to see, to breathe. I let my body collapse to the ground as I fall into unconsciousness.

Hey guys! How are you liking the book? So, from the a/n from the start, maddie_67 is writing a book called "Left Behind" . It's a 5SOS fanfic, please read it!

Gracias xx