Chapter 23

Eric's POV -

I wake up in a cold dark room, the walls, ceiling and floor made of cement. Rubbing my eyes, I sit up slowly, fighting the urge to throw up and steady myself. My head pounds in a levelled beat and I press my index fingers to my temples to somewhat sooth the headache. A moan escapes my mouth and I let my eyes adjust to the dim light. I search the room, and my eyes land on him. David. My boss.

"Finally awake, I see." He says, a slur to his voice. "Where are we?" I moan, blinking a couple of times. "Well, after that ravishing slut beat you up, we got the men to transport you here. It's an hour away from Summerset Mansion." He explains, edging a little closer to me. "She's not a slut." I spit, glaring at him. "Whatever you say." He smirks, obviously seeing my discomfort.

"Where is she?" I ask, after a silent moment. "She? Ah, yes. She is here right now." He says smiling. My heart skips a beat. "H-how?" I question, raising an eyebrow. "Really quite easy actually. That Theo guy was too much of a wimp to get involved. While the men were taking you away, I grabbed a gun and shot her in the arm. Then, we carried her out. No arguments, nothing." He tells me, approaching me. "You shot her?" I ask, frustration, but mostly worry showing in my voice. "She's fine you lovesick piece of sh*t. God!" He shouts, making my ears ring. "I want to see her." I demand, finally standing up. "Perfect." He grins, his golden tooth sparkling.

Violet's POV -

"If someone doesn't bloody come and untie me now, I will scream again!" I shout, trying to wriggle out of the rope's tight hold. The room I was in was made of all cement and it was freaking cold. So cold, that my teeth were chattering. I had woken up around 2 hours ago, and had been screaming non stop. When I had woken up, I found myself sitting on a metal chair, and a thick rope tied around the chair and my body. The first thing I had felt was the excruciating pain in my left arm. It honestly felt like someone was jamming glass through my skin. Not pretty. Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that, I was also only in my underwear? Yeah, I know. Fun.

I finally decide to quit screaming because my throat was getting hoarse and I had to concentrate on getting out of this terrifyingly strong grip. I try wiggling my wrists again, but the rope is created deep cuts in certain parts of my body, and it hurts to move. After a while the pain had turned me numb, but just now could I start feeling it again. Next, I tried my ankles which were also tied. I winced at the harsh rough rope scraping against my raw skin. This was totally hopeless. I look down in surprisingly, shame. Shame that I didn't bother fighting to get away from David. Shame that I was acting weak. Shame that I couldn't even get out of this stupid chair trap. And shame that... I didn't care. I didn't care what happened to me anymore. I had nothing to live for. Just as I start to fall asleep, I feel a tear fall down my cheek. There's another thing to feel shameful of ; crying.

*
I'm running, I'm running fast, as fast as my feet can move. I don't look behind me knowing that it will lead to terrible consequences. I speed up even more and I hear my heart pumping in my chest. I feel a falling sensation and then everything goes black. I start to feel liquid but I'm still blind to my surroundings. The liquid turns to a gooey texture and I can feel it seeping through my ears and nostrils. I then feel pressure in my head, which grows to pain as I am enveloped in a world full of darkness.

I find myself swimming in an unfamiliar substance. Oil. Deep black oozing oil. I try to scream but my lungs are flooded with the cold liquid. I am suddenly transported into a burning fire. I can feel my body heating up and I notice bubbles forming on my skin.

I smell burning meat and look down at my body. The meat I was smelling was my own. Grimacing at the state of my body, I feel wild tears trickling down my burning cheeks, when suddenly I am whipped around, and pulled out of the flames. Eric stands before me, smirking proudly. "W-what do you want from me?" I ask, with no power in my voice. "Oh Violet, you know the answer to that too well." He says, with a filthy grin playing on his mouth. He places his hands on my waist and I try to push them off, but his grip tightens.

"Get off of me!" I scream, spitting in his face. His hands rise up my body, and he eyes me with pure lust. "You are mine Violet. Always." He whispers in my ear. He begins to nibble at my earlobe and I cry out in defeat. "Eric, stop! Please!" I beg.

I feel the impact of his hand hitting my face and I stumble. But I don't fall onto the ground. No. I fall off a cliff, a tall rocky cliff. I feel my hair whip around me and my stomach feels queasy. My harsh scream pierces the air as I try and grasp at anything to save me. As I approach the ground, I see someone running towards me. A male figure comes to my side as my body hits the ground with a loud crack as my neck breaks. "Violet! Violet! You're okay, you're okay. I've got you." I hear him say, holding me in his arms. "T-Theo." I manage to stutter, before my throat catches and I can't breath.
*

Eric's POV -

"Violet! Violet! You're okay, you're okay. I've got you." I say, shaking a screaming Violet worriedly. Millions of tears stream from her eyes and her hair is messy. As her eyes flutter open, I see a mixture of pain and fear in her eyes and I take her hand in mine. I wait for her to fully awake before speaking again. "Violet, you're okay." I whisper. She looks down at our intertwined fingers and pulls away. My heart shatters just a little more, if that's even possible. "Violet please, I just want to help." I beg, kneeling infront of her. Her whole body trembles in fear and she closes her eyes, letting yet another tear find its way down her cheek.

"If you wanted to help, you would get the f*ck away from me." She spits. Wincing at her words, I realise the only way to get her to do what I want is forcefully. And if that's the only way, I'll do it. I don't care if it hurts her anymore, I just need her by my side.

Heya guys! Hope you liked this chappie. So yeah, as always, comment, vote. You get the idea! :)

Hope you're all having a good day (or night, whatever). I feel like writing a qotd today so, without further ado...

If there was one subject you could demolish, what would it be?

Aotd :

Maths. Jesus, me and maths are like mortal enemies. Me+maths=nightmare (lol, I just did maths ;) )

Qotd 2:

Veo? Or is anyone still liking Veric? Who wants a new character involved?

Omg! Whoever comments first on this paragraph, gets to be in the story! This is gonna be so fun. Get commenting! :D

Gracias xx