Chapter 44

Above or on the side is a picture of Jason Fernando (played by Robbie Amell). And yes, I'm aware that he's in 'The DUFF'. But guys, he's hot 😎

Dedicated to Rosie_4610 . Thanks for voting! xx

Anyway, on with the story...

Violet's POV -

I wake up the a huge headache, similar to the one I had when I was hungover. Unfortunately, this time, I have no idea how I got it. Or how I fell asleep for that matter. All I remember is Sophie and Jason acting all weird and then boom I'm practically dead to the world. I haven't even open my eyes yet, honestly I'm too scared too. What if I've been kidnapped again? What if zombies have taken over the earth and I'm being held hostage? What if--

And that's when I realised it, the slow breathing which seemed to be coming from directly above me, right into my eyes. I groan slightly, trying to shove the thing away, but to no avail. I decide the only way to get rid of the annoying pest is to open my eyes. Reluctantly, I open my right eye and then my left, and I'm almost blinded by the sight of five faces staring at me. Two of them are Sophie and Jason, but the other three are strangers. The three unknown people consist of two boys and one girl, all looking around my age.

"Is she awake yet?" I hear a familiar voice call, and I sit up to see who it is. "Yeah Charlsey, she's awake." Sophie confirms, looking at me worriedly. "Where am I? Why did I fall asleep? Who are these people? What am I doing he-" I ramble on, but I'm cut off when Jason shoves his large hand on my mouth and I immediately quieten. "Okay, I guess you should meet these guys." Jason begins, removing his hand. "Yeah, that would be lovely. How about the whole story?" I ask sarcastically, raising an eyebrow.

"Just, bare with us Vi, please?" Jason practically begs, it's rather cute really. "Fine." I mutter, turning to the two guys and the girl. "Hey, I'm Gabriel." He says, with a charming smile. Okay, I know I recently got out of the worst relationship ever, but I just couldn't help to blush a little at his flattering grin. Gabriel is one of those 'Australian-surfer' guys. Sandy hair, gorgeous eyes, and of course the muscled body. Honestly, I was surprised I hadn't passed out yet. "H-hey." I stutter. Curse you hormones. "It's great to me you." He concludes, another faint-worthy smile on his face. And it wasn't even a smirk, it was a smile. That makes him one hundred times better. Next, I turned to the other boy, who looked a similar age to Gabriel. Maybe eighteen or nineteen.

"Fletcher." He says quickly, before returning to his phone which was placed tightly in his hands. His thumbs were having a workout as they tapped crazily against the screen of his phone. "Violet." I answer, a smile on my face. Apart from Fletcher's slight lack of socialising, he was definitely hot. Completely different to Gabriel, he has dark hair and wears a beanie and glasses, which he definitely suits. He had a whole 'nerd' vibe to him, which accompanied a drool-worthy appearance. Are all the guys here hot?

Finally I turn to the girl, and take in her appearance. She was emo. The one word to describe her is emo. However, she is nonetheless pretty, with a nicely sculptured face and she seemed friendly enough. "Hi, my name's Princess." She says seriously. "For real?" I almost shriek. She suddenly bursts into a fit of high pitched giggles. "Oh god, your face! No, my name is definitely not Princess. My name's actually Amelie. You can call me Mel though." She explains. "Nice to meet you Mel." I say happily, getting a smile in return.

Our little meet and greet in cut short when yet another voice booms from the other side of the room. "Enough chitchat. We need to explain everything to Violet over here." A man tells us. He looks like he's in his late thirties, early forties and obviously the one in-charge. Everyone nods quickly, and scurries to the long black table which he's sitting at the head at. We all take seats, Sophie, Charsley and Fletcher on one side, and me, Gabriel and Mel on the other. Jason sits on the other end of the table. "Right, let's get started. I'm just going to be blunt, Violet. Now let's see..." He ponders, looking into space as he collects his thoughts.

"Firstly, my name is Chance. And my first question to you is, have you ever heard about gangs?" He asks. I suddenly stiffen, thinking of Theo and my conversation about my he killed my mother. "U-um yeah. This guy told me something about people wanting me in their gangs? It's a bit fuzzy in my mind, I barely remember." I tell Chance. "Listen carefully, Violet. I will not repeat myself." He says seriously, in a rather frightening tone.

And so the story begins...

"Quite a while ago, when your life was somewhat normal, many people had seen you fight. Some good people, others bad. Almost everyone wanted you on their teams, so you could help them become better gangs. With gangs, it's all about being competitive. The gang with the most won fights, is the most respected. Also meaning, all the other gangs in the area owe the winners money. That's another thing, money is key.

Anyway, during the most normal time of your life, S.H.A.D.E. Wasn't the only organisation who were watching you. Gangs all over to country were. Some in other countries too. Everyone knows who you are, which is why we're here." He explains, using his hands for emphasis.

"Why are you here? How are you helping me?" I ask curiously.

"Good question, you see. The plan which everyone was thinking was to take you to their gang. Gangs are dodgy, in fact 2/3 of people in gangs have either died or gotten terrible injuries. Even though we didn't know you, we felt like we had to help me, it was almost inevitable that you'd be dragged into that sh*t, and we couldn't stand seeing someone so talented be used like that.

We've been monitoring you like crazy, 24/7, to see your performance. And honestly, we're all rather happy. Sophie's in this group too, so's Charlsey and so's Jason--" I suddenly cut him off by jumping off my seat and standing up.

"Sophie!? You've know about me this whole time? You've been monitoring me this whole time, and you don't tell me? And Charsley? You too? And Jason? I don't think you even realise that you've practically been stalking me for 6 years, and you expect me to be cool? Sophie, the day you met me, you knew who I was. And so did you Charlsey, and Jason! I thought I could trust you, I thought I you were friends!" I scream at the top of my lungs, my voice becoming hoarse.

I don't even know where I'm going, but I storm out of the room and eventually find a toilet. I lock myself in a cubicle and hold my head in my hands. "Why can't life just be easy?" I ask myself, but I'm immediately answered by a male voice.

Sooooo.... Violet's angry cos her friends have been lying to her, and keeping a secret behind her back. And the secret's pretty big. I mean, imagine finding out you've been stalked for 6 years and you've got thousands of gangs looking for you? That's a big deal...

This chapter's dedicated to Rosie_4610 for voting for my previous chapters. THANK YOU! XXX

Anyways, hope you liked! Vote, comment, message me!

Gracias xx