Chapter 8

Theo's POV -

I walk through the halls quickly trying to get Violet to a nurse. We are still at the base, but we have some nurses here, just incase someone's been in a fight. I look down at Violet who's curled up and has finally stopped struggling. I don't know how I feel right now. I'm angry at Rob for hurting her. I'm upset that she's hurt. I'm happy that she's not dead.

But there's one feeling that I honestly can't describe. All I can think about is: 'what if?'. What if she had died? What if no one had gone and helped her? What if...she wasn't with me right now?

Would I need her? Would I feel fireworks in my stomach whenever I heard her name?

Whenever I'm alone, I think of Violet and her personality. She's so so brave. She acts like she can take anything, heck, she's not even crying and her head it cracked open!

I respect her for her bravery. But maybe that's why I care about her so much. She doesn't let anyone past her barriers, she keeps to herself and I suppose it's automatic that you want to help her.

I blink a few times to get rid of my thoughts. I turn left and enter a large room full of hospital beds and nurses. We're so lucky to have properly trained people right at our base. I quickly carry Violet to the nearest bed and place her down carefully, not wanting to hurt her.

She's curled up in a ball and I take her arms and legs and straighten her out on the bed. "It's more comfortable" I explain, mostly to myself. I use my index finger to stroke her warm cheek.

Just as I lift off my finger, Marie comes storming through the 'Operating Doors'. "What's happened dear?" The nurse says in a calm and collective voice.

"She got into a fight. I think she's cracked her skull open" I tell her, keeping both eyes glued to Violet. "Let me take a look" Marie states and leans over to see her head. As soon as she sees the gash, her jaw drops. "Oh my goodness, it's completely cracked her skull open" she gasps.

I look at her head more closely and notice a small but noticeable flow of blood. Her hair is full of crushed blood and the pillow is gradually soaking it in.

"Violet" I whisper, looking at her longingly. "We need to leave her to sleep. But this is going to need to get stitched and glued." The nurse says, inspecting Violet's injuries.

"Can I stay?" I ask Marie. To be honest even if she had said no, I would have stayed with her anyway. The nurse nods and walks away.

I sit in the chair which is placed beside the bed and stare at Violet. I rest my hand on her limp one and smirk to myself. Such a gorgeous girl getting beat up like that? Almost impossible. I sigh and make small circles on the back of my hand with my thumb.

I bend down and kiss her hand. After almost 10 minutes I am fast asleep.

~•~•~

Violet's POV -

I wake up sweating and shaking in a hospital bed. Theo is standing protectively by my side, with a hand on my arm. "Are you okay?" He asks me, obviously worried. God, Theo's changed so much. The last time he saw me having a nightmare he had said "you looked pretty bad".

I like the new Theo. He's a little soft, but to be honest, it's nice to know someone cares about you. Just as i break the gaze between Theo and I, the doors swing open and Eric runs in with a flushed face. "Where is she?" He screams at the top of his lungs. A slightly frightened Marie motions to my bed, and Eric sprints up to me. "V, are you okay? I heard about your head" he says panting. I sit up slowly, fighting the swirling motions that hit me and smile at Eric. "I'm fine, I promise". After what seems like hours of staring at each other, Theo interrupts us. "You need to lie down" he says kindly. I nod and lay down, giving him space to sit on my right. I shuffle a little for Eric to sit on the left.

I look at Theo, and quickly turn to Eric and back again. The both have the same expression on their faces, although I can't tell what it is. They are staring at each other as if their lives depends on it. I wave my hands in front of their faces, waking them up from their strange contest. "You guys alright?" I ask them. "Yes" they say in unison. While doing this they both lay a hand on one of my arms. God this is strange.

Suddenly, Marie storms through the 'Operating Room' doors. "Darling, we're going to take you into surgery now. The doctors are waiting", she says kindly.

I nod and begin to stand up but immediately feel light headed. Both boys grab me by the waist, steadying me. I'm honestly getting a little freaked out. What is wrong with them?

I sigh and with Theo and Eric's assistance, walk through the large 'Operating Room' doors. The walls are a simple white and each double door is dark blue. I follow the nurse to a large room, with a bed, a TV, a sofa a table and even a fridge. "Home sweet home " I mutter to myself, accidentally catching the attention of Theo. He smirks and guides me to my new bed. I lay down and wait for further instructions. Theo rests a hand on my cheek while Eric fiddles with my hair. I feel so admired and needed. But there's something else. I'm not experienced with relationships, but I know the feeling I'm having isn't just my injuries. It's something much happier.

Heya! Hope your liking this so far! I know I haven't updated in forever, I'm trying to make slightly bigger groups of chapters each time I update.

Any ideas you really want to see in this book?

Add to your library, vote and comment! x

Gracias xx