Chapter 13

Eric's POV -

I sit down in my seat and place my fist under my chin in thought. Theo is acting stranger and stranger everyday, and I know exactly why. Theo likes Violet. It's so obvious. The way he looks at her, the way he asks her if she's okay. All small hints to a big crime. I call it a crime because he knows that she's taken. Theo wants Violet all to himself, and that's not happening.

I have to find a way to tell Theo to stop. He gets whatever he wants, all the time, which is why I hate him. It's why I did what I did a year ago...

I push my hand through my hair and sigh. He just has to ruin everything, doesn't he? Violet begins to walk over to me and I grin. Finally I have something that Theo will never have.

I stand up and hug Violet tightly. "What's up?" I ask, looking into her brown eyes. "I wanted to spend time with you before we do the quest." She says quietly giving me a sad smile. "So we can't be together for the quest" I state taking Violet's hands.

She nods and looks back up at me. I sigh, then lean down and place a long passionate kiss on her beautiful lips. Just in time too. Theo walks towards us with a grim face. Just in this moment, I deepen the kiss further, and Violet wraps her arms around my neck. I bite slightly on her bottom lip asking for entrance which she gladly accepts. Our tongues dance together and I honestly feel happy.

I open my eyes quickly to glance at Theo who has a sad expression on. Not angry, but sad. I smirk slightly and continue to kiss Violet. I don't like to see people in pain, but this is Theo, he ruined me. No one knows why, apart from myself. I feel my breath shorten and pull away. We are both gasping for air and Violet has a huge grin on her face. We turn to see Theo looking down at his feet. "Oh, hi Theo. I didn't see you there. What's up?" Violet asks him, still completely oblivious to his obvious emotions.

"I need to talk to you." He says quietly, his gaze reaching Violet's eyes. Who does he think he is, taking my girlfriend? "I'll be a minute" Violet says and plants one last kiss on my lips.

I turn to Theo, give him a death glare, and watch as Violet follows him towards the hall. I can't help but follow. Who wouldn't be curious to see if their girlfriend was going to cheat on them?

I quietly walk behind the two of them and walk through the door and continue to follow them. I watch as they step towards two chairs and sit down. I hide behind some boxes and listen eagerly.

Theo's POV -

"What's wrong" Violet asks with true concern in her voice. She places a hand on my bicep and I soften at her touch. "Violet, I. I." I stumble with my words. Why is this so hard to say? I need to tell her how I feel.

"Violet" I start again, watching as she patiently looks at me. Just as I'm about to continue, Chloe storms through the doors. I groan in annoyance. Everything just has to be ruined.

"Theo, emergency. David Fillingham was located in this area. The fight starts now" she say with a serious face on. No, this can't be happening. Not now. He was meant to be here in 3 months.

I am suddenly brought back to reality when Chloe snaps her fingers in front of my face. "Theo! This is serious! Stop daydreaming!" She screams, causing Violet to flinch beside me. I stand up a little to quickly, causing my vision to blur for a moment and watch as Violet stands up uncertainly. I stride over to the door, and I swear I hear scuttling from somewhere, but I ignore it. This is not the time to act superstitious. I hold to door open, and reluctantly walk away from Violet to deal with David.

"Report" I say in a monotone voice, sticking out a hand to Chloe who chucks a file into it.

"Last seen by Summerset Mansion. Looks like he was searching for something" Chloe replies as we settle in our seats. "Show me the video" I tell Miles who is staring at the screen in front of him. He types on the keyboard and a video pops up on the large screen in front of us.

Summerset Mansion, a huge building located about 15 minutes away from here is shown. 1 minute later, a large, muscular man begins to trudge towards the doors and locks harshly. No answer. He peers around the side of the house, looking for something; or someone.

He suddenly pulls his phone out and dials someone's number. "Can we hear the call?" I ask Miles, who immediately starts to hack into his phone. I wait for Miles to find it, and look back at the screen. The image is gone, but a voice booms through the speakers.

"I'm here, you've found me. Now what? I know who you are S.H.A.D.E. Crew. You will fail. No matter what. You will fail."

The line goes dead. We all stand in shock. This can't be happening. We've been found out.

And there's nothing to do. He knows who we are. He could kill us all. He will kill us all. And there's nothing we can do. I feel vulnerable, I feel unworthy, but most of all, I've failed.