Chapter 41

Dedicated to Abby_Is_Da_Best for voting for my book. THANK YOU!
Violet's POV -

This was it, now or never. I was practically begging that she wouldn't wake up, because I don't know about you, but I would love to keep my head on my body. Even though that head was now covered in blue. And that's exactly why I was doing what I was doing. Revenge. Sweet, sweet revenge. I almost let a laugh escape my lips, but Sophie stirs in her sleep, which immediately silences me. Thank god she's a heavy sleeper. I think to myself, setting my equipment in the sink beside me.

I had dragged Sophie all the way to her bathroom, and somehow dumped her in the bath, without her waking up. But to be honest, I did have some help. Sleeping tablets. By official best friends, perfect for pranks or sleepless nights. Before Sophie had gone to bed, she had drunk some juice, and I had quickly popped a few of these bad boys in her drink. Naughty, I know. But that's what she gets for making me look like blueberries has been smothered into my hair. And now, she was going to pay, big time.

I find it rather funny that she didn't think I would do anything. Before I start giggling like a maniac, I immediately start to mix the permanent dye and as soon as I can, I start to brush it into her hair. And no, I didn't try and dip dye her short hair, I was going full out. Whole hair style. It takes about ten minutes to paint the whole of her head, before I leave it in for fifteen minutes and grab the shower head. This was the part I was dreading most. If she woke up, I was dead. I quickly turn the shower on, and carefully hover it over her hair, making sure none gets on her face. Her pyjamas were getting soaked with water, but that was the least of my worries. I take in a quick breath when I see that Sophie makes no movement, and continue to wash out her hair. Next, I hold her head up and dry it with a towel, but I don't bother hair drying.

Then, I sling one arm over my shoulder, and one under her knees, and pick her up, as she lays limp in my arms. I trudge to her room, and flop her down, before steadying my self, an eventually lying down on the spare bed.

She has no idea what was in for her.

~~~

It's now eight in the morning, and from the corner of my eye, I see Sophie sitting up, and rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. When I see her hair, I almost laugh, but I need to make her think she looks perfectly normal. It's been two hours since the hair session, and Sophie's hair is fully dried and rather bright. "I'm gonna have a shower." Sophie mutters weakly, and shuffles her way out the door, towards the bathroom.

"Three...two...one..."

Have you watched Mean Girls? Remember that part where Regina George's boyfriend tells her what those nutrition bars really are? Do you also remember Regina's scream right after?

If yes, this is exactly what Sophie's reaction was. If no, then imagine the sound of an over the top, fake bimbo, getting one of her newly painted nails broken. Get it? Now that is Sophie's reaction.

I never thought Sophie to me the high scream type, maybe the death glare, 'I'm-gonna-kill-you' type, but definitely not this. I'm suddenly brought out of my thoughts when an extremely scary looking Sophie storms into the room, her face as red as a tomato, her newly dyed hair, sticking up in all directions, and her hands clenched into fists. "What. The. F*ck." she spits, causing me to fall into a fit of giggles. "T-that's what y-you g-get!" I shout in-between laughs, making Sophie stare at me even harder. "At least yours is blue!" She screeches, clutching at her hair.

"But Sophie, pink actually looks great on you!" I tell her, mimicking what she had told me earlier. "UGH!" She screams, slumping down onto her bed, head in hands. "I was planning on going out today!" She exclaims, looking at me. "You still can, Soph. Come on, don't tell me you thought you could get away that easy." I giggle, holding a hand to my mouth. "Give me one reason why I shouldn't kill you right here and right now." Sophie says playfully, a smirk on her lips. "Because my dear Sophie, you are unfortunately my friend, and it's illegal." I answer happily. "Promise me something." She says. "What?" I reply. "You keep your hair dyed blue, and I get to change one more thing about you." Sophie says happily. "No way! Why should I do that?!" I scream back. "Because... You're living in my house." She answers smartly. She was right, I was living in her house. And she could by any means kick me out, if she really wanted to. In fact, she probably would, just to prove a point. After a few moments of contemplation, I finally agree, and Sophie's unicorns and rainbows again.

"But pink, really? Pink?" Sophie sighs, laying on her bed. "You don't seem like a pink kind of person. I'd say it's pretty good payback." I reply, shrugging. "Yeah, I guess it it." Sophie laughs. "Okay, so. What have you got in store for me Sallustio?" I ask. "Ah, patience my child, patience. Good things come to those who wait." She replies, and I sigh through annoyance. "A hint?" I ask. "Fine. Something to do with our deal. The last 'change-Violet' session. Well, I think it's the last 'change-Violet' session." She answers. "Oh god." I mutter. What on earth had I got myself into? Sophie had a huge imagination, God knows what was going on in that brain of hers.

"So when are we doing it?" I ask suddenly. "Today. We'll eat breakfast and then head out." She replies, standing up. We quickly change, me in jeans and a AC/DC top, and Sophie in a thermal top and tracksuits. We greedily eat our breakfast and drink our coffee, before heading out of the house. Sophie was wearing a beanie to try and cover up the mess of pink hair, but some still peeked through. We cross the road, and Sophie stops, turning to me. "We're taking the car today." She says. I raise an eyebrow, but she was already making her way a few cars down. I think she's about to carry on, when she suddenly stops in front of a shiny black Porsche, parked proudly on the road. "I love being eighteen." Sophie sighs loudly. I quickly make my way to the car, and hop into the passenger seat, settling into the comfortable leather. "There's only one rule." Sophie says sternly, wagging a finger in my direction. "Don't hurt my baby." She says, then turns to the steering wheel, starting up the car and begins to drive.

On the way to our destination, we belt out songs like there's no tomorrow, and shout random things at people at they pass by, gaining many strange looks. After a twenty minute drive, Sophie parks, and hops out the car. The shops around us were old, and graffiti covered every wall around. The place was definitely dodgy. "I know it looks bad, but I know the people here, so don't worry." Sophie says, as if she can hear my thoughts. "We need to walk for a tiny bit." Sophie informs, pointing to a dark, shadow filled alley. I was starting to think this was a bad idea.

'Ello lovely people. Like this chapter? I did :P

Picture is of Sophie's new hairstyle! I actually love the colour 🙆🏼

Thank you Abby_Is_Da_Best for voting for my book. Cheers. xx

Anyway, hope you're liking the book, comment, vote and message me.

Gracias xx