Chapter 38

Violet's POV -

After Sophie's story we had sat there for almost half an hour, me trying to comfort her, and her mumbling about memories with her brother. It honestly broke my heart to hear that story, I couldn't seem to believe that Sophie had been through so much. In a way, I was glad we were now friends, we had both gone through some tough times, so it was easier to talk about the past.

"You know what we should do?" I ask Sophie, as she sits up. "What?" She asks, managing a little smile. "Let's watch some movies to cure these horrible hangovers." I explain, pulling Sophie up to her feet. "Okay, sure. But nothing that makes me cry." She says, and I nod in approval. I follow her to the modern living room which has a white fabric sofa with orange pillows and a nice white table. On the wooden floor there's a rug and the television sits in front of the sofa. A lamp is situated in the corner of the room. Sophie lays on the couch which has an extended part for the legs and turns the TV on.

Sophie twitches the channel multiple times until she stops and passes me the remote. "You choose." She tells me, so I take the remote from her grasp and flick through the available movies. "How about 'How To Train Your Dragon 2'?" I ask, turning my head to look at her. "Oh god no, that movie makes me cry like a f*cking hormonal baby!" She laughs, making me chuckle along with her.

I continue to flick through, trying to find a good movie to watch, something that'll make us both laugh. "21 Jump Street?" I ask. "Yes, yes, yes!" She screams jumping up and down because she can't contain her excitement. "Alright calm down. No need to act like a hyper nine year old on steroids." I tell her, trying to keep a serious face, but that's all ruined when she pulls the strangest face and I break out in giggles.

"This is nice." I say after a moment as we wait for the adverts to pass. "What do you mean?" She asks curiously, cocking her head to the left. "Well, with everything that's been going on, I haven't been able to do anything people my age do. Like watching movies, hanging out with friends, shopping. That kinda stuff." I explain, turning my attention to the movie as it starts. "I'm sure it's quite a change." Sophie says, before she too looks at the screen and we spend the next 2 hours and a half watching an incredibly good film.

*
I'm running, I'm running fast, as fast as my feet can move. I don't look behind me knowing that it will lead to terrible consequences. I speed up even more and I hear my heart pumping in my chest. I feel a falling sensation and then everything goes black. I start to feel liquid but I'm still blind to my surroundings. The liquid turns to a gooey texture and I can feel it seeping through my ears and nostrils. I then feel pressure in my head, which grows to pain as I am enveloped in a world full of darkness.

I find myself swimming in an unfamiliar substance. Oil. Deep black oozing oil. I try to scream but my lungs are flooded with the cold liquid. I am suddenly transported into a burning fire. I can feel my body heating up and I notice bubbles forming on my skin.

I smell burning meat and look down at my body. The meat I was smelling was my own. Grimacing at the state of my body, I feel wild tears trickling down my burning cheeks, when suddenly I am whipped around, and pulled out of the flames. Eric stands before me, smirking proudly. "W-what do you want from me?" I ask, with no power in my voice. "Oh Violet, you know the answer to that too well." He says, with a filthy grin playing on his mouth. He places his hands on my waist and I try to push them off, but his grip tightens.

"Get off of me!" I scream, spitting in his face. His hands rise up my body, and he eyes me with pure lust. "You are mine Violet. Always." He whispers in my ear. He begins to nibble at my earlobe and I cry out in defeat. "Eric, stop! Please!" I beg.

I feel the impact of his hand hitting my face and I stumble. But I don't fall onto the ground. No. I fall off a cliff, a tall rocky cliff. I feel my hair whip around me and my stomach feels queasy. My harsh scream pierces the air as I try and grasp at anything to save me. As I approach the ground, I see someone running towards me. A male figure comes to my side as my body hits the ground with a loud crack as my neck breaks. "Violet! Violet! You're okay, you're okay. I've got you." I hear him say, holding me in his arms. "T-Theo." I manage to stutter, before my throat catches and I can't breath.

Suddenly, I'm transported to a dark cold room, and for a moment I'm at peace, with no sound, no pain. But just as I relax, the metal walls around me start to move, inching closer and closer towards me. Every second, I feel the space around me decrease and I start to find breathing a challenge. I spread my arms and legs out, trying to prevent the walls from killing me, but it's no use. I feel the four walls and ceiling touch my skin and I squeeze my eyes shut, waiting for the excruciating pain.

But it never comes.

I open my eyes quickly, only to find myself in the forest, trees and plants surrounding me, no space to breathe. It's dark, and there are no stars to provide light, and the moon is nonexistent. Only the sound of the harsh wind brushes my ears. All of a sudden, voices fill me mind. Eric, my father, my mother, every Bull I have ever beat up. The sounds swim around me, filling my entire being until I can't take it anymore. So when I look around, searching through bushes and under logs, I find a small hand-held metal object. As I pick it up, it's weight feels like a ton, but I lift it up anyway. Placing the barrel to my head, I look forward and just before I press the trigger of the gun and fall to the ground, I see Theo. Crying.

All of a sudden, it stops. Everything. Time stops, the world stops and everything is white. And that's what scares me the most, how there's nothing. How even though I'm in this world, there's no one to trust, no one I can believe in. Suddenly, familiar people surround me in a circle and I stand, trapped in the middle.

"You're filthy, disgusting, you can't fight for yourself. You're weak Violet, so weak that there was no challenge to break you." Eric spits, before slapping me harshly.

"I don't love you Violet, you're a sick girl. You shouldn't be alive, I'm disgusted that you're my daughter." My mother tells me, her eyes judgmental and scrutinising.

"You're not a true S.H.A.D.E. Member, Violet. You disappointed us." The whole of the crew say in unison.

And then, everyone's gone. However, Theo walks up to me and stares at me.

"How can you live with yourself, Violet? You're selfish, did you ever think of my situation. I lost someone, someone I loved, who loved me back. No one loves you. You're pathetic. I hate you." He spits, making my heart squeeze just a little.

And those three words circulate around my mind. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you.

*

Heya people! I know not much happened here, by I'm trying to update as much as possible. I posted twice yesterday, so I think that's pretty good. But here's the chapter nonetheless.

I hope you're liking the book so far, it would be nice if you guys could comment a little more. I like reading your comments ☺️

Anyways, vote, comment, and keep reading.

Gracias xx