Chapter 59

Last chapter (epilogue still coming though).

PLEASE ENJOY!!

Dedicated to jofosho for adding this to your reading list, THANKS!

Violet's POV -

I never thought I'd have to enter the doors of a hospital again. I never thought I'd have to smell the aroma of medicine and sickness. But most of all, I never thought I'd have to endure the pain of someone I care about suffering.

Over any pain I've gone through, even when I was abused by Eric, this is far worst. So, so much worse. Because it's all my fault, this is all my fault. I couldn't pull it together, I couldn't hold on for just a little longer, so I left the house. It's all my fault.

And now, as a result of my foolishness, of my ignorance, of my incapability of doing as I'm told, I just might have taken someone's life. And God do I wish it was mine. But I've been given the burden of knowing that a person, someone who has grown closer and closer to me by the day, is being operated on now. It's not even a twenty per cent chance he'll live. Just because I'm a stupid, selfish b*tch.

The hallway is silent, my friends are silent, I'm silent. I know what everyone is telling themselves. He'll be fine, he's Theo. Theo's always fine. They chant in their minds, forcing themselves to believe those petty lies. But the truth is, the one phrase which everyone has floating somewhere in the back of their minds, is he's only human.

That's what makes this a whole lot worse. Theo has the same chance as anyone at surviving, because in the end, he's simply a human being, a creature which inevitably dies. There's nothing you can do to stop that.

So as I sit on the uncomfortable leather chair in the waiting room, with it's blaring white lights, and an unfortunate atmosphere of cleaning supplies, I think about consequences.

Not certain consequences in particular, but in general. For instance, when you complete an action, there are always consequences, no matter what. You scream at someone, you end up ignoring each other. You say goodbye to someone, you end up never seeing them again.

Eventually, I realise that it's the action you do which is important. If I hadn't have left the house, Theo would not be in a life or death crisis. There are too many actions to count. To be angry, to hate, to cry, to want, to love.

It hits me like a truck.

The harsh, aching feeling in my heart is not because of guilt. It's not because I hate myself. It's because I've harmed the person I feel affectionate to. The person I like. Or perhaps it's because I've hurt the person I love.

I almost scream out, the tenseness and anxiety in my bones make me feel stiff and unable to move. I refuse to cry, because Theo ordered me not to.

"Excuse me?" A deep voice says from the far end of the waiting room. A tall man, with tanned skin and almost black hair holds a clipboard. His glasses balance in the end of his nose, waiting to fall off. "I'm Dr. Trinity, the surgeon who operated on Theo." He explains, his tone of voice steady and calm. My head picks itself up, my ears perking up slightly as I try and engage with the conversation. "Theo just came out of the operation room, and is currently in his room. No visitors are permitted, I'm afraid." He tells us, pushing his bulky lenses to the bridge of his nose.

"Is he." Paisley pauses, fiddling with her hands slightly. "Going to live?" Anna concludes, her voice quiet and unused. "Unfortunately we are unable to say for sure right now. At this precise moment, after the surgery, I'd say there's around forty to forty-five percent of Theo's living. The bullet which was shot actually punctured his stomach, but didn't go completely through. During the surgery we had to remove the bullet from his organ and sort that out. An excessive amount of blood was lost." He explains, using his hands for emphasis.

"Oh god, Theo." Lexie whispers, and I immediately feel sympathetic towards Theo's only sibling.

"F-forty to forty f-five p-percent?" I whisper, my voice just audible. "I'm afraid so. We're doing everything we can to help him. That is a promise. It's just up to how his body cooperates now. It's all up to him." He answers me, genuine concern etched onto his features. I nod slightly, standing on my shaky legs and brushing my hair with my finger tips. "I-I need to--." I stop myself from talkng, and slump onto the ground, my back against the wall.

"In approximately two hours I can give you the final results as to if Theo with be okay or not. The next couple of hours are crucial to him, it's the time his body will either fight, or collapse." Dr. Trinity informs us, before scurrying away, leaving our group alone.

The sound of sniffling is heard, from everyone really. I see Lexie and Anna giving each other a hug, most likely trying to save themselves from the pain of loosing someone. Gabriel and Amelie sit together, Amelie on Gabe's lap as he wipes away her tears. The rest sit close by, trying to sooth each other anxiousness, attempting to lift the mood a little. But there's no point, because Theo's human. And in the end, humans die.

*Two hours later*

My red eyes which haven't blinked in around fifteen minutes stay trained at a crack in the all, as thoughts drift in and out of my mind. Someone clears their throat from behind us, and in unison, we swivel our heads around, finding Mr. Trinity standing formally in front of us. "I have the results." He says, before fiddling around with the sheets on his clipboard.

The doctor before us rambles on about words I couldn't even guess the meaning to, until two words dart straight from his mouth, and enter my ears.

"He's okay."

I spring up, my stomach feeling nauseous, my heart beating a thousand beats a second. "Where? Where is he!" I scream, by voice hoarse but loud. Mr. Trinity seems shocked by my outburst, but points down the hall nonetheless. "Room 92. Be quiet." He informs, before I sprint down the hall, and I slam the doors open so they bash against the adjacent walls.

Room 92. This is it.

I feel everyone's presence behind me, but it's obvious they know I need alone time with Theo. I nod at them in thanks, before creaking the door open a crack.

His face no longer has the perfect golden glow it usually obtains, but a sickly pale white consumes his skin. His almost white chapped lips hold no plumpness, the redness long gone. His hair is dishevelled and his hazel eyes stay open, blood-shot.

But he still looks perfect to me.

"Violet." He croacks out, his cheeks looking abnormally hollow. A small sob escapes my mouth at the sound of his voice. No matter how small, or how husky it is, it's still his voice; it's still him.

"C-come here." He manages, patting the bed next to him. I shuffle to him, sitting at the edge of the hospital bed, taking his appearance in. I lift my hand, letting my thumb caress the dry skin of his face, and I notice how his eyes glaze over with possible tears. "I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry." I whisper, a single tear trailing down my cheek. He attempts to wipe it away, but the weakness of his arms prevents him to do so, and he grunts in frustration.

I smile slightly, as does Theo and after a while he manages to settle his hand on top of mine, forming minuscule eclipses on the soft skin on my hand.

"I did it because I wanted to. There's no need to be sorry, it was my decision." He says, his eyes full of so much compassion it hurts. "And I'd do it again in a heartbeat." He whispers, and my breath catches dramatically.

"I'm in love with you, Violet."

"I'm in love with you too."

THE END

It's the end guys! Well, almost. I'll still have an epilogue, so look forward for that!

I hope you liked this guys.

Dedicated to jofosho for adding this to your reading list, THANKS!

Please vote, comment, and message me. 😘

Gracias xx