Chapter 11

Violet's POV -

We step onto the path that leads away from the beach and I quickly put my shoes back on. Hand in hand, we walk to the small selection of shops along the road and walk up to them. "What do you recommend?" I ask Eric, who is scanning the few shops that sit in front of us.

He points to the one on the right and I walk along with him, and we enter the shop. A huge blast of cold air hits my face and I smile widely. It's rather hot out here, so air conditioning is definitely welcome.

I drag Eric to one of the racks and look through the one piece swimming costumes. Once I find one I like, I show it to Eric. It's a light blue colour, simple, but I don't like anything fancy. Eric nods in approval but suddenly takes the swimming costume from me.

"It's nice, but I think there's something better" he says with a cute smirk on his lips. I raise an eyebrow at him which makes him laugh and he places the costume back on the rack. After a few seconds of skimming through options, he pulls out a completely different costume.

In his hands is a black bikini decorated with a simple pattern of gold flat studs. It's black, which is a bonus, but it's a bikini. "Really? A bikini?" I ask Eric while slapping his arm playfully. "Hey, you've got the body for it" he says grinning.

"Oh please" I mutter. I can't remember the last time I wore a bikini. Maybe... 5 years ago? "Come on. Please?" He begs. "Fine" I smirk, giving in. It's not that I don't want him to see me in a bikini, it's just, what if he judges me by the way I look in one.

I select my size and walk to the paying till. I place the bikini on the desk and watch as the lady takes it and scans it. "That's £9 please" she says and I get my purse out to pay her. Just as I get the money out, I hear money hitting the counter and see Eric handing the money over to the lady. "No, please, let me pay" I tell him. I hate when people spend money on me. "My treat" he says, nodding at the lady to tell her to take the money.

I smirk and take Eric's hand. The lady hands me my now packed bikini and we walk out of the shop hand in hand, to the beach house.

Eric's POV -

Once we arrive, I show Violet to the ensuite bathroom and let her change. While she changes, I quickly put on my swimming trunks and wait for her to come out. The door unlocks and she walks out shyly, looking down. "Do I look okay?" She asks quietly. "No." I reply. I see her look at me sadly. "You look amazing" I say smiling widely. She blushes furiously and I take her hand.

We rush down the stairs and I open the sliding doors. We step onto the warm white sand and we run to the water, still holding hands. It's dark now, but the waves are still visible. I pull off my white top, leaving me shirtless and turn to V. Her eyes are almost out of their sockets, and her mouth hangs wide open. "What?" I ask her innocently.

She closes her mouth and softens her features, before replying with a simple, "nothing". I can't help but smile when she glances at my bare chest. I've been working out for a while now, so a distinct 6 pack has formed on my torso.

I look at Violet in her new bikini and she really does look incredible. She's got an amazing body, she should show it off more often. We approach the sea and I catch V looking up at me with an evil grin plastered on her face.

What is she planning now?

I take her by surprise and lift her off her feet and begin to swing her in my arms. "No! No, please Eric! I-I" she pleads. I'm about to throw her in when she bursts into tears. "What's wrong?" I ask her worriedly. "I-I can't swim" she admits looking down. I use my finger to lift her chin up.

"Really?" I ask in a soft voice. She looks into my eyes and smiles. Gradually, the smile turns wide and I see a glint of mischief in her eyes. "Nope" she says, popping the 'p'. The grabs both my arms, pulls them behind my back, hooks her arms under my legs and flips me around so that I fall into the cold water. Once I emerge from the surface, I see Violet swimming away from me, further and further out to sea.

I suddenly feel panic rise. What if there's a strong current?

"Violet!" I scream. "Violet! Get back! There might be currents!" I shout again.

I watch as she stops and treads water. "Are you scared?" She shouts back. "Yes, scared for your safety!" I scream. This shouting is getting on my nerves. "Please, come on V" I shout for the last time.

As she swims back, I can only imagine what would happen if a current had taken her. She would be pulled along, unable to swim and I wouldn't be able to save her. I shudder at the thought. When she gets back to me, I pull her into my grasp and hold her tight. She hugs me back, and I bury my head in her neck. "Please don't scare me like that again" I whisper. She grins at me and apologises, which makes me feel automatically better.

We get dry and sit on the sand. Payback time. I think to myself. I slowly stand up, watching Violet as she stares out to sea in her own little world. I creep up to her behind her back. Quickly, I scoop her up in my arms and head straight for the sea, which is decreasing in heat every second. I feel her struggle in my arms, but I keep my position, and reach the water. After I swing her a few times, I throw her into the cold water and laugh my head of. "Now we're even" she smiles and I hand her a towel. We walk back inside once we're dry and I check the clock. Almost 1am. "Bed time" I say in a sing song voice. I hear V moan under her breath which makes me smile. We walk upstairs to the bedrooms, and we stand in the hall weighing our options. Who sleeps where?

"Sleep in the master bedroom, I'll sleep in a one of the smaller ones." I tell her, and head for the blue room. "No, you can sleep next to me, if you want" she says sheepishly. "Are you sure?" I ask her. She nods and we walk into the master bedroom. I sit on the bed and we crawl under the covers, still with our clothes on, and stare at each other.

Violet's POV -

I can't help but stare at his chiselled features. I look at his lips, to his eyes and back again, and find that he's doing the exact same thing. We lean in, in unison, when our lips touch. His lips are soft and I can't help but want more. We have a quick make out session before I pull away.

"Violet" Eric starts. "Can I ask you something?" He asks innocently. "Of course." I whisper, caressing his cheek.

"Will you... Will you. Be my girlfriend?" He asks me.

I grin widely and nod. "Of course" I say and kiss him again. I can feel electricity and fireworks during the kiss, and I couldn't be happier.

Hello again! Hope you're liking this, I love writing it!

Please be sure to check out my previous chapter thing : 'get creative' etc.

Vote, comment and add to your library!

Gracias xx