Chapter 48

Dedicated to RachelBents for voting for this book.

Hope you like the chapter, read on ✌🏼️

Theo's POV -

I stand up sulkily off of my bed and trudge my way to the door. Swinging it open, I walk through, making my way to everyone. I watch as they type furiously on computers and it angers me. There's absolutely no point in getting rid of the bad people. That would mean getting rid of everyone, because everyone's partly a bad person. For example, I thought I was a good person, but I killed Violet's mother. And I thought Chloe was a good person, but after last night, I'm not too sure.

But there's one person who's all good, and that's Violet. I can't seem to get her out of my mind and honestly, I love it. I love her. Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if I had tried harder, if it was me she had been dating and not Eric. Violet would most likely be with me right now, even if she found out about the killing of her mother.

I sigh heavily before looking around once more. "Stop!" I shout, the room going eerily quiet. "No more. This is stopping." I order, motioning around the room. "It's all over, no more S.H.A.D.E." I explain, receiving horrified gasps from everyone. "But Theo, we've worked so hard for you for so long!" I hear someone cry. "Does it look like I give a sh*t?" I spit. "Come on, Theo. You can't be serious!" Miles shouts and I turn slowly to him. I'm pretty sure my face is bright red and I have steam coming out both ears. "I am f*cking serious Miles. Do you have something to say?" I question, glaring at him. "You can't just quit, Theo. We've worked so hard for this. For you. Don't you get that you pr*ck?" He screams, his face as red as mine. I rush towards him, punching him in the face. "Don't you dare speak to me like that!" I roar, watching as everyone cowers away. "T-Theo. This is not what you want. This is not what Violet would want." He says. He had picked my weak spot to attack. And he's completely right, this is definitely not something Violet would have liked. I step away from Miles and help him up. "I'm sorry." I whisper, immediately feeling terrible. "I'm so sorry. Carry on." I announce to everyone, leaving the room to go to my office. As I walk away, I hear the ruffle of papers and chairs against the floor and I know everyone's settled again. "I'm such a horrible person." I scold myself, sitting in my large leather chair.

Violet's POV -

"I'm sorry." Sophie suddenly blurts out of nowhere. I look up from the book I was skimming through and give her a confused look. "What?" I ask her, raising an eyebrow. "I'm sorry for not telling you, I'm sorry for keeping it a secret." She explains, her voice quieting drastically. I sigh and put the book down, marking the page I'm on by bending the corner. I stand up, and place a hand on her shoulder. "I'm still upset, sure. But in a way, I'm thankful. All you were trying to do was help me, so you don't need to apologise." I tell her sternly. "I just- I can't imagine what it would feel like to find it so hard to trust people, you know." She comments sympathetically. "Eh, I'll live." I smile and give her a quick hug. "We good?" Sophie asks seriously. I give her a playful shove and smile. "We were always good." I answer.

"Violet, I need to go out and get some groceries. You'll be okay, right?" Gabriel calls from the small kitchen. "Yeah, of course." I tell him. He comes out of the kitchen with a smile on his gorgeous face and his eyes twinkle when he sees me. "If there are any problems, at all. Even if it's that you need toilet paper, or you can't reach something, you call me. Got it?" He asks me seriously. I sigh lightly and nod. "Got it." I reply. "Good." He whispers, before leaning down and pressing a small kiss to my cheek. It was so small but meant so much.

"I'll be back as soon as I can." He informs Sophie and I, before walking out the front door. "Details!" Sophie screeches just as the door closes. "Details on what exactly?" I ask, playing dumb. Of course I know what she want her precious details about. "Violet, you better not act stupid around me. What's up with you and Gabriel? Huh?" She presses, her face full of amusement and excitement. "I don't really know." I reply vaguely. "Bullsh*t. Do you like him?" She asks quickly, her eyes full of hope. "Um, I guess? I don't exactly know for sure." I answer, a blush creeping it's way on my face. "Oh my gosh! You do like him!" She screams at the top of her lungs. "Ssh!" I hush her, giving her a serious stare. "What?!" She whisper-shouts. "What if, E-Eric is here?" I ask quietly. Sophie's excited nature suddenly dissipates and she gives me a nervous look.

Gabriel had told everyone about my 'most recent stalker' as Gabe liked to put it.

Sophie looks around her, maybe looking for clues, but it's obvious she's given up because she turns to me with a genuine smile. "I don't think he's here." She informs me and I just beg she's right.

- Before Bed -

"I'm off to bed, I've never been this exhausted after a movie night." Sophie informs me and I chuckle. "Yeah, I'm going to bed too. It just went 11:30pm." I explain and carry myself to my room. "Night, Soph." I yawn, before rubbing my eyes. I shut the bedroom door, and I hear Sophie's shoes slowly trailing against the well polished floors. I snuggle up in my blanket, waiting for sleep to take me away.

"Naughty, naughty girl, baby. Liking another man is not possible." He spits and I look him straight in the eye. "Answer me god dammit." Eric snarls and I stare at his pasty white face. "You don't own me." The words leave my mouth before I can stop them.

"You're going to regret that." Eric warns before smirking evilly at me.

Chapter finally done. Yay! I hope you liked it. I'm so sleepy right now, I don't even think I'll remember writing this tomorrow.

Dedicated to RachelBents for voting for this book. THANK YOU!

Vote, comment and message me please.

Gracias xx