Chapter 26

Violet's POV -

I wake up groaning and I slowly open my eyes. I lift my what seems like, heavy arms and rub at my eyelids which are drooping slightly. Next, I place my hands by my sides and try to lift myself up. "Sh*t!" I curse, when I feel a sharp, prickly sensation flood the skin on my hands. I peer around me, and finally realise where I am. I'm sat on a bed made of nails. Yes, a bed made of nails. I sigh and rub my bleeding hands on my arms, trying to get warm. It felt like a fridge in here!

Taking in my surroundings, I see horrible, rusty looking contraptions. There's a body stretcher, a couple of hot irons, a fireplace, 4 chains on the wall and a single thick rope hanging from the ceiling. Well, that could be helpful if situations go from terrible to deathly. Don't think like that Violet, of course you're getting out of here! I scold myself. I stand up, and sit in front of the fireplace, trying to get warm. I peer around, trying to see if there are any clothes to wear, since I'm still in my underwear, but of course there's nothing. Eric wouldn't do something as generous as that.

Sighing, I stare off into thin air and think about what would be happening back home. Home. I think about my apartment which I had totally forgotten about. It had probably been taken away from me. I think about the crew, if they were looking for me, if I mattered to them. And then I thought about Theo, and how he had made it so obvious that he loved me. I smile at the idea of hugging him again. He was so warm and kind. Everything he did made me smile. I wonder if he was looking for me right now. I wanted to tell him that I was okay. Well... Not that okay, but I was surviving.

I suppose I was so deep in thought that I didn't hear the door click open. Once I see Eric through the corner of my eye, I quickly turn around and shuffle my way away from him. "Violet, good to see you." He says, inching towards me. "You too." I say, in barely a whisper. "Do you like the room? Decorated it myself." He says, using his arms to show around him, with a smug grin plastered on his face. "Y-yes, I l-like it." I stutter, scared that he would force me on one of the devices. "Good. You'll get to know them very well soon enough." He smirks, making me shiver. I nod slightly and look down. "Stand up" he orders. I immediately do what he says and stand up. He then grabs my arm harshly, causing me to wince and drags me to the body stretcher. I feel tears prick my eyes. The same question replays itself in my mind over and over. Why me? Why me? Why me? I was a good person, I hadn't done anything wrong. Sure, I had beat a fair amount of people up, but that was purely defence. "Lie down." He demands, and I lie down on the cold ragged metal table, with my teeth gritted to stop me from crying. Then, he connects two shackles to my ankles and tightens them quickly. He grabs my arms and straightens them out so they are above my head. He shackles my wrists too.

"You may feel a little pain." He says smirking and I prepare myself for the worst. He pulls a lever and I feel my legs and arms being pulled in opposite directions. I scream out in pain when I feel my ligaments being torn and it feels like my arms are about to be pulled out of their sockets. I scream again when I hear something crack. Concentrate on something, anything! I tell myself, I look at the ceiling and see a patch of wet plaster where there was probably a leak. I keep my eyes set on the patch and bite my lip to stop from screaming. The patch becomes blurred when tears flood my eyes and they fall down my face quickly.

It seems like I was on the stretcher for hours until Eric moves the lever back to its original position and I wait for him to undo the shackles. Once he has, I breathe a sigh of relief. "Get up." He orders loudly. I bend my knees towards my chest and then stretch them out. Everything is aching and I wince at the pain. I stretch out my arms and role my shoulders and crack my neck. I place my sore feet on the ground and try to stand up. As soon as my feet take the weight of my body, I collapse.

I'm just too weak. "Get. Up." Eric spits. "I-I can't." I whisper, feel more and more tears trickle down my cheeks. I should have expected his next move. He swings his leg back and kicks me hard in the rib and I shriek in pain. "E-Eric please!" I beg. "You're weak Violet. I thought you'd try just a little harder. I guess I was wrong about you." He says smirking a little. He kicks me again, so hard that I know for sure my ribs are fractured. He stomps away, and locks the door behind him.

Eric's POV -

"She in there?" He asks me, eyeing the door curiously. "Yes. She's fine, just... Sleeping" I lie, and look at him sternly. "I'd like to see her." He replies quickly. "No can do. She's sleeping." I reply, shoving passed him. "Fine, later. Where's David?" He asks. Thank god he changed the subject. "Tracking down what S.H.A.D.E. Is up to I think. He's in room 112. I think he's looking for you." I tell him, before walking away silently. That excuse of a man thinks he can see Violet! I almost laugh at his enquiry.

He has no idea who I am. And he has no idea about Violet. I hate people who think they know best, stuck ups, that's what they are. Total and utter stuck ups. Grabbing a beer from the mini fridge, I sit on the plush leather sofa and lounge around. "Idiot" I mutter, still thinking about him. "Thinks he rules the world." I spit, talking to myself. I feel my head swim and my vision goes a little blurry. After 6 more bottles, I pass out.

Hey guys, so Violet is still being abused. I know some of you won't like that, but it's not like the rest of the story will be only that. So yeah... Keep reading please!

Hope you're enjoying.

Gracias xx