•Chapter 28

≈Miami, FL...

(6:45 p.m)

"Did you do what I told you ? " 

She mentally rolled her eyes at him. Since she knew what he wanted to do with his own daughter, it was like all the love she had for him vanished in less than one minute. Why did she fall in love with that monster in the first place ? She couldn't understand how she could have feelings for this bastard with everything he was putting her through. She was blind and trying to act like her life was good, but she was lying to everybody and mainly herself. But now all of this changed. She was seeing him how he really was. A real piece of shit ! He was even more than that, but no word in the world could be enough to describe the delusional creature he was. 

He was disgusting her. He was exactly like her father and even worse, "Yes." She answered annoyed. 

He smiled, "Good. You're the best, you know that ? I love you." 

She had to restrain herself to not punch him in the face when he said that. I love you. These three words are important and you can't threw them in the air like it's nothing. She was tired of him playing with her emotions, "Well...since you don't need me anymore here, I'm going to cook the dinner." 

He licked his lips staring at her with hungry eyes, "Keep doing a good job and maybe you'll get a ring. When you're done, come in that room so I can show you my appreciation." 

She wanted to spite in his face, but she couldn't ruin the plan. Her main goal was to get Acacia out of this house. And as soon as possible. Their time was counted, "Really ? A ring ? Thanks." She played her role.

He pecked her lips and then went in the bedroom they shared. She wiped her mouth and went back in the basement to check on her new little friend. Acacia was remembering her a lot of Cora. Since she found out that the young girl was her ex-friend's daughter, she couldn't help, but felt a lot of regret. She was regretting everything she did. She wished she could go back in the past and correct her errors, but unfortunately it was already done and mostly it was life. 

She opened the door sighing. She was scared to fail. The plan had to work or they were going to Paris and only God knows if they will survive or not. She will never forgive herself if Acacia was not safe at the end of the day. 

She closed the door carefully, "Are you ready ? " She asked, then sat on the bed next to her. 

Acacia nodded her head, "Yes. Thanks for helping me, but you're sure you don't want to come with me ? You can't stay with him." 

Brenda forced a small smile on her face, "The most important right now is to get you out of here."

"But, you need to get out of here too. Come with me. Plus, you were friends with my mother, I'm sure she'll help you. I'm afraid that if you stay here with him...Something really bad can happen to you. You're nice, you don't deserve it." She insisted taking her hand. 

Brenda held the tears back. She didn't want to worry the little girl, "I promise you, I won't stay here."