•Chapter 34

≈Miami, FL...

(6:39 p.m)

He shook his head getting out of his trance and then turned around. He couldn't believe she was standing before him though. It'd been a couple of weeks since they saw each other for the last time and it wasn't on a good note. He didn't know if he should be angry or...

"Hey, Kalvin. It's been awhile. How are you ? "

Why was she so nice all of sudden ? He knew that wasn't going to last for too long though, "Hey..." He simply mumbled. 

She smiled weakly, "Who is your friend ? " She asked looking at Almar. 

"It's uh...Almar. Almar, this is my mother, Donya Ryans." He introduced them. 

"Nice to meet you, Mrs.Ryans." Almar held his hand out for her to shake and she did it grinning. 

"Nice to meet you too. So...what are you doing here ? I know you...don't really like flowers usually, Kalvin. And how is uh...Cora ? And what about the baby ? And did you talk with your siblings recently ? How are they doing ? " She questioned with guilt and sadness written all over her face. 

Kalvin tried not to roll his eyes, "We're all fine, despite what it's going on lately. And we're here for Cora. She's almost three months pregnant now." 

"Oh, that's great. Are you excited to be a-"

"Look, we have to go. See you later, okay. Bye." He cut her off and then motioned for Almar to follow him to the other side of the shop. The conversation was starting getting more and more awkward. They were talking just to talk, but it didn't mean something. After everything that happened, that all she could do ? Not even an apology or admitting that she was wrong. 

"Well, it's cold in here. I feel like we just got in a freezer. Why are you mad at your mother again ? " The young boy asked curiously. 

"Mind your business, kiddo." Was his answer. 

"You just said, no matter what, a mother will always love her child. So whatever the issue between you two is, it will be alright. Just apologize." 

"She's the one who has to apologize. But she's stubborn, so it won't happen before a very long time."

"Well...help her then. Maybe, she's scared like...I am right now. Maybe she's afraid that you won't accept her apology, so she doesn't know what to do."

Kalvin frowned looking at him like he had five pairs of eyes on his face, "Are you sure you're only ten years old ? "

"Yup ! "

.

.

.

After they finally bought the flowers and some chocolate for Cora, they drove to the house. Almar was nervous to see his mother. He didn't know how she was going to react and it was frightening him. He knew he had reached the limit with his sudden aggressive behavior. He knew he had hurt her and frustrated her. Now he was wishing he had self-control.