•Chapter 18

≈Miami, FL...

{ Two Days Later | (12:03 p.m) }

"What are you doing here ? " Cora asked Kalvin annoyed. 

He sighed rolling his eyes. He didn't know what was going on with his baby mama and it was slowly getting on his last nerves the way Cora was acting right now. After they left the restaurant, she didn't talk until they pulled in her driveway, then said a dry bye and went home. Kalvin could see that something was bothering her, but he didn't want to force her to confess to him if she didn't feel uncomfortable doing it, so he went back to his condo to take his duffel bag and went to practice. When he was done, he tried to call her, but she didn't answer, so he then tried with the text messages, but she replied to any of them. He then drove back to her house to see if she was okay, but when he rang the doorbell, nobody came to answer the door. Finally, he gave up and thought that maybe it was best to leave her have her own space. Now, two days had passed by and he still hadn't some news of her, so he decided to buy the lunch and to come to her house and actually go in, so they could talk.

After all, she was carrying his first child and he wanted to make sure that everything was going smoothly, "You returned any of my calls, you didn't replied to my text messages, even didn't open them, I came back here two days ago and I got no answer, uh...What's going on with you ? " 

She folded her arms yawning, "I'm fine." 

No, she wasn't. She looked like a real mess. Hair everywhere, there was still trace of her tears on her cheeks, her eyes were swollen and slightly red, she was in her pajama that had ice cream on it with her robe over it, on her feet she had her slippers. It was reminding him of this time when Kalia broke up with her ex-boyfriend when they were in their teens years. Yes, she looked exactly like that. So yeah, he knew she wasn't fine. 

He shook his head, "Stop lying and let me come in." He ordered, but she didn't move. Cora wanted to be alone. She was trying to deal with her emotions right now. She even asked Sancy to keep the kids with her, so they couldn't see her like. Devastated.

She didn't know why she was reacting this way though. Cameron came back and ruined everything. All these years, she thought that she had completely moved on, but it seemed like it wasn't the case. She didn't know that he still had an effect on her, but she was proven wrong two days ago. To see him, made all of the horrible memories came back. All he said and did to her. All the pain. Why was she feeling like that ? She wished she was stronger. 

"Kalvin, I'm FINE." She insisted lying again. 

"No, you're not and I can see it. Please, let me come in." She said nothing and still didn't move. "Look, you don't have to talk if you don't want to, but let me make sure that you're straight. I brought some food with me."

There he was interesting her a bit more, "What's in it ? " She asked referring to the plastic bag he had in his right hand. 

He followed her look, "Subway. Uh...you said you love chicken curry, right ? "

Yes, she was craving some chicken. She unfolded her arms and moved to the side to let him enter in her house. Once he was in, she closed the front door and locked it, then she motioned for him to follow her in the living room. There was a big bowl of ice cream on the coffee table and kleenex all over the carpet. Cora snatched the bag out of his hand, took her food, handed the bag back, ploppled on the couch and pressed play on the remote to continue her movie.