•Chapter 11

≈Miami, FL...

(3:05 p.m)

It had been another long day of school for the twins. They were tired and wanted only one thing. What meant to get home and eat a snack before the TV. Then they'll have to do their homework, but it wasn't their problem for the moment. They needed to relax after all these hours of listening to boring teachers. 

Acacia and Almar got out of school with the others kids and then went towards the parking lot, expecting to see their aunt Latoya's car, but it wasn't there. They looked around and couldn't see her. It was strange. Usually she was never late. Maybe there was a lot of traffic. It was the only explanation possible for them. Acacia was not a person of patience, so she was already getting irritated. Almar yawned wondering how long they were going to wait.

"Where is she at ? " Acacia asked angrily.

Her brother shrugged sitting on the bench, "I don't know."

She sighed sitting next to him, "If only mummy bought us a phone like all the others kids." She stated shaking her head. Cora thought a phone wasn't necessary for two ten years old kids. They already had a lot of technology in their lives according to her opinion. She didn't care if all the mothers were buying their children an IPhone, she wasn't them.

Suddenly a black and new McLauren stopped before them. The windows were tinted, so they couldn't see who it was. Then a tall and muscular black man got out of the car with a smile on his face. The twins loved how it was dressed. It was simple, but cool. He had the new white Jordans at his feet and he was wearing a black t-shirt with ''Ain't Nobody Got Time For Dat'' on it with black true religion pants. Around his left wrist , he had a new black Rolex. His hair was cut perfectly, the waves were fresh and very well done. Almar wanted to know how he got all of this, because he wanted it too and Acacia was focused on his two dimples. But then a question crossed both of their minds at the same time:

1) Who was this man ?

2) Why was he walking towards them ? 

He looked quickly something on his phone and then pulled it back in his pocket, "Hey ! I'm Kalvin...Uh...A friend of your mother. I'm here to pick you up." He said slowly. 

The two kids raised their eyebrow, "Why should we believe you ? " Acacia asked folding her arms. 

"Because it's true." Kalvin answered in a ''duh'' tone.

"But you can still be a liar." She insisted looking at him up and down.

"I'm not." He said and then pulled his phone out. He dialed a number and waited for the person to answer. After three rings, there was someone else at the end of the line. He talked with the person for two minutes and then passed the phone to Acacia.

She frowned, but put it on her ear, "A, baby, it's mummy." She heard her mother's voice.

She smiled immediately, "Mum ! How are you ? "

"I'm good and you ? Is Almar with you ? How was school ? " She attacked her with questions.