•Chapter 1

≈Miami, Fl...

(10 a.m)

Cora was sleeping peacefully in her comfortable king sized bed, dreaming about her finally meeting Michael Jackson, when a sudden noise woke her up. The image quickly disappeared as she startled a bit. She sat up and immediately removed her night mask to see what was going on around her. Her heart was beating fast in her chest and she had to catch her breath back because she was about to have a little heart attack.

It seemed like nothing had moved in her room. Everything was at its place. It was clear that nobody came in there, but there was still this little noise. It seemed like it was coming from downstairs though. Cora was just out of her sleep and she was not thinking straight -yet- so the best thing she found to do was to panic like a little kid.

Kids !

Cora didn't hesitate before to jump out of her bed and to run the faster she could. She almost fell as her feet were still asleep, but they hurriedly followed the cadence. She had to protect her babies.

Arrived at the first floor, she stopped a moment to analyze the environment around her. And then she heard that noise again. It sounded like something had fallen. Something in a metal substance. She followed it and that led her to the kitchen, where her young daughter of ten years old, Acacia, was holding a pan in her hands. Cora stopped and folded her arms across her chest observing her little girl.

Acacia had shaky hands as she tried to kill the spider again, but as soon as the arachnid was moving, she jumped and dropped the object on the floor. Cora shook her head chuckling. Her daughter had never liked the critters in general.

"C'mon, you can do it. Go." The young girl encouraged herself, but there was nothing she could really do, she was too scared. Suddenly, she felt a hand on her shoulder, what made her scream on the top of her lungs. She turned around to finally notice that her mother had entered in the kitchen. She exhaled in relief placing her right hand on her chest, mainly to check if her heart was still there, "Mummy, I almost died. Never do that again, please."

Cora laughed slightly and took the pan off Acacia's hands, then throw it in the sink. She grabbed a napkin and caught the spider in it. Soon the little problem was solved, "Ta da. No needed to make it a big deal." She said walking to the refrigerator to grab eggs, the slices of bacon and the bottle of milk. Today was Saturday and as every Saturday, their little family was going to cook breakfast and eat together. These kinds of moments, Cora cherished them to the fullest.

Being the owner of her own club, Cora had to work every day to make sure that her business was going well. She opened Di@mond's once she got out of college at the age of twenty two. At first, it was a little thing, but then it started interesting people and soon it became one of the most popular clubs of Miami. Di@mond's was opened from Monday to Saturday, 9 p.m to 3 in the morning and it was a good place to listen to music, meet people, dance, drink excellent cocktails and to simply enjoy your free time. All type of people was allowed in except trouble makers of course, who were usually noticed quickly by the security guards and then kicked out. Cora loved what she was doing and plus it was bringing a great amount of money to provide her little family.