•Chapter 14

≈Miami, FL...

{ Three Days Later | (11 p.m ) }

"So, how was it with the little monsters ? " Terry asked Kalvin as he sat next to him on the bench to take a little break. Today, the team were working out in their private fitness room. They started at 10:30 and were about to stay until 12:30. The coach wanted them to be in good shape and healthy for the Playoffs that were coming in a couple of months. 

Kalvin drank his water before to speak, "Actually...they're not little monsters. I think...you know their dad is not in their life, so I think it was hard for them to see a man coming into their lives all of sudden. They immediately saw me as the enemy, because I was a stranger, but by spending some time with them I learned that they're nice." He answered wiping his face with a little towel. 

Terry nodded his head, "Yes, I know what you mean. Having been myself a kid without father, I know what it feels like. You have trust issues when it comes to men. You're used to just being with your mother, like me I was raised by women all my life, so when my step dad came in the addition, I wasn't having it. You remember when you helped me to make his existence a living hell ? " He chuckled, "And you were mad because they gave your car away. You're such a hypocrite ! " 

Terry hadn't an easy childhood. His mother was single and hadn't enough money to raise him, so he had to live with his grandmother until his mother got her finances in track. He was five years old when he moved and two years later, his grandmother died. She was in the wrong place, at the wrong time and got shot. His mother took him back with her, but her situation was still a bit rough. Fortunately, Kalvin's family proposed their help.

Kalvin was devastated when his new best friend Terry told him that he had to move away, so he begged his parents to help Terry and his mother and seeing the sadness on their son's face, they agreed. So when Terry's mother has to work, Terry was spending most of his time at the Ryans' house.

When he was eleven years old, his mother introduced her boyfriend to him and he instantly didn't like him. He didn't want another man in his mother's life. Not only he was a momma's boy, but he knew all the pain his father put her through and he didn't want her to live this again. Plus, he was perfectly fine without a father figure in his life.

Soon, Terry assigned himself a mission. He wanted to make that man go away. He wanted that stranger to leave his mother alone. Of course, he couldn't accomplish his mission without the incredible help of his best friend. Kalvin and him had crazy imagination and used it to torture the man during one entire month, until he decided to give up and leave. Terry was proud of himself first, but seeing how his lovely mother was desperate without the man she fell in love with, he did his possible to bring her man back. He and Kalvin searched during two weeks before to find him. They apologized and the man accepted it. Three years later, Viktor Michaels was marrying Mrs. Terra Daniels and adopted Terry also.

Terry definitely knew how the twins were feeling.   

Kalvin narrowed his eyes at him, "Shut up ! You would've reacted exactly like me." He said defending himself. Everybody was laughing at him and judging him like it wasn't a big deal, but some would've reacted the same or even worse. 

"True." They chuckled, "No, but more seriously, don't give up. They will test you to see and make sure you're a good man and not here to hurt them and their mother. I just hope they won't do one of the cruel jokes we did to Vik to you." Terry said joining his hands together, "Let's pray, brother."