•Chapter 47

≈Miami, FL…

(10:46 p.m)

Kalvin explained to Cora what was going on with his brother and Amy and then quickly changed his pajama pants for sweatpants. After that he put his shoes on, took the keys and left locking the front door behind him. He still couldn't believe it. How could she ? On one side, he could understand that she was in pain and surely needed to go away, but on the other side, she was wrong to leave like that without telling Kaldrick where she had taken Mikayla. 

He was praying for everything to be alright. He was hoping that they were going to find them as soon as possible. And he was wondering where they could be at that moment. Just when he thought that life was back to normal and they were far away from drama, drama always found a way to come back to them. He was tired of it and wanted all of this bullshit to be over. 

Just when he had to stop at a red light, his phone rang for the second time in not even twenty minutes. He sighed and asked strength to God. He needed this more than anything else, "I'm on my way, bro. Don't worry, I'll be there soon." He reassured him instantly. 

"They…They…Kal, they are at the hospital."

He frowned and looked at his phone wondering if he wasn't going completely insane right now and then put it back on his ear, "WHAT ?! What happened ? "

"I don't know, they got in an accident. Amy just called me, she's with Mimi and Kalia. I'm driving to the hospital." 

"Okay, see you there." Fortunately, he wasn't too far from there, but it took him twenty-five minutes though. These minutes felt like forever. He parked and got out of his car the fastest he could. He locked his doors with his keys and then ran in the hospital. There was Kaldrick talking with the receptionist and it seemed like she was getting on his last nerves. 

"Kaldrick ! " Kalvin called coming towards him, "Where are they at ? "

"This bitch doesn't want to tell me ! Where is my daughter at ?! " He asked raising his voice. It's been five minutes that he was trying to have some info, but the woman was telling him to sit in the waiting room until his turn to come, because they were other people before him, but Kaldrick didn't care. He was scared and had no clue on what had happened to his daughter, sister and baby mama. He felt anxious, angry and sad. A lot of emotions and feelings were mixing in his heart and he couldn't control the effect it had on his behavior. Like, usually he doesn't call a woman out of her name, but seemed like it was different today. 

Kal was shocked. He had never heard his big brother talk this way, "Damn. Kal, calm down, I'm sure they're fine." 

"No, you're not sure, Kalvin ! " He yelled at him then turned his attention back to the receptionist who began to be afraid of him, "Are you gonna tell me or what ?! " He spat at her getting more frustrated. 

"Sir, please, can you sit in the waiting room ? This family was here before you and this one too." She said pointing the other persons. 

"Kaldrick ! " A female voice called and the two brothers followed it by turning their head and there was standing Amy with little bruises on her face. They both sighed in relief and ran to her.