•Chapter 36 #Part.2

≈Miami, FL...

{ The Next Morning | (9:23) }

"Why are you smiling so damn much, H ? " Latoya asked as the females were cooking. The guys were with the kids decorating Kalia's house and then it will be their turn to be in the kitchen as the girls will be settling the table and other things. Everybody was enjoying Thanksgiving and everybody had planned to spend the whole day nicely. What meant, no drama. 

"Is it against the law to be happy now ? " She answered with another question with her right hand on her right hip. 

Toya raised her hands in surrender, "Chill. I was just being nosey. I had never seen you in this state since...I can't even remember." Actually, she knew exactly when she'd seen her best friend that happy before and it was when she was with her ex-boyfriend, but she didn't want to bring the subject back on the table. It was unnecessary. Even if they argued a lot, Halley and Latoya cared a lot about each other. 

Halley rolled her eyes playfully, "I'm happy that's all." Suddenly, Terry walked in and went towards her, then wrapped his arms around her waist from behind and kissed her cheek making her blush. And he picked the scissors and left like nothing happened.

Then everybody in the kitchen turned towards Halley staring at her with an arched eyebrow, "I suggest we all drink some tea, that ain't none of our business." Kalia said after one entire minute of awkward silence. They all nodded and got a glass then poured it with whatever they wanted to drink.

This day will be more interesting than I thought, Cora commented in her mind.

.

.

.

(11:28 a.m)

"What is Kalia's surprise ? " Kaldrick asked as the men were now in the kitchen doing some pastry. That was them who had to take care of the desserts and also the appetizers. 

Kalvin shrugged, "We'll see. I hope it will good though." 

"What if it's mama ? "

Kalvin chuckled shaking his head, "It won't be her. Lia is more stubborn than us reunited. And you damn know it. Just wait."

Terry frowned a bit, "So, y'all are still not talking to your mother ? C'mon now guys, it's Thanksgiving."

"What's going on with your parents ? Why are they not here with us ? " Kalvin questioned changing the subject of conversation. He didn't want to talk about his mother today.

T sighed smiling, "They're back together. See, what happened was that they got in a huge argument and then my mother throw the divorce thing in the damn conversation and so Vik got mad and he went with it and then they decided to divorce, but then they became lovers again and they're not here because they're in London doing only God knows what. Ew ! "

The others laughed at his explanation, "You're always so extra. Anyways, I'm happy for mummy Daniels. And I know they're having fun out there."