•Chapter 56 #Part.2

≈Miami, FL…

(2:05 p.m)

"What are you doing here ? We're celebrating your baby right now." Terry asked walking towards Kalvin who was sat on the edge of the wooden bridge in the back of auntie May's garden, "Are you going to jump in the water ? "

His best friend shook his head, "No. And I'm thinking."

Terry sat next to him, "About ? "

He sighed, "…The twins are mad at me."

Terry turned his head to look at them real quick in the little playroom. They were so sad while the other kids were laughing at the movie they were watching. He didn't like to see them like that, "What happened ? "

"They…They want us to all live together. And now they think that I don't appreciate them, but was just using them for Cora to fall for me. They don't want to be put in the background once the baby will be here. They want to know if I want to be their father, like officially."

Terry frowned still a little confused, "And why they're mad for exactly ? "

"Because I said nothing when they confessed all of this. I didn't answer their questions and I didn't deny their assumptions. They asked a bunch of questions and I couldn't answer to them because I was so scared. I'm panicking, T." 

"Why ? I thought everything was going smoothly." 

"Me too, but now there is that. And I don't know what to do."

"K, what are you really scared of ? Why are you panicking ? "

Kalvin sighed wiping his face with his two hands, "I don't want to fail in this new role, T. I went from being single and focused on myself to…find out that I'm about to have a baby in nine months, to then find out there are two more kids involved in the equation. My life did a 360 in less than one year. And for months things kept changing around me. My life is not the same. Terry, I just realized that…I'm gonna be taking care of three kids ! Not one, not two, but THREE. And I don't want to fail ! I don't want to disappoint them." 

Terry chuckled shaking his head, "Disappoint them ? But you won't ! Well, yes kinda, maybe one or two times and them too. You know how it is. Parents and children always go through the most emotional roller coaster. Well, in our case, that's always like that. But yeah, nobody is perfect. Of course, y'all will make mistakes, everything won't be perfect. It's called LIFE. But don't worry, I'm sure y'all will always work it out. Kalvin, these past months I realized something and you know what it is." He didn't wait for his friend to answer and continued to talk, "You're born to be a father. That's the role for you. Seriously, look back to everything that happened lately, you've only been good to these kids and you're going to be good with your new one too. You're a family man. You're meant to be a father and you'll be the best father. Terry is telling you and Terry is always telling the truth."

Kal laughed, "I hope you'll have kids too one day. Even if it'll be a lot to handle, but it'll be worth it. Thank you, bro. I love you."