•Chapter 42

≈Miami, FL...

{Two Days Later | (9:03 a.m) }

"Glad to see you two today. So, how was Paris ? " Dr. Gregoirs asked smiling and putting her gloves on. 

"We had so much fun. It was amazing ! " Cora answered smiling back. 

"Yeah, it was a cool family vacation." Kal added nodding his head. 

She clapped her hands, "Great ! So, how is the pregnancy going so far ? We're finally in the second trimester ! "

"Well, this pregnancy is REALLY different from the first one." 

"Oh ! What do you mean exactly ? "

"Well, the nausea stopped kind of really quickly. When I was pregnant with the twins, I remember vomiting during the entire first trimester, but this time it wasn't the case. So, I want to know if it's a problem or should I not worry about this ? "

"Well, every future mother is different and some women do have short period of nausea. Plus, with everything that was going on and the stress added to it, I think that's why your body isn't reacting to this pregnancy like to the first one. Do you feel some kind of pain sometimes though ? "

"No, it's okay. Except for my back now, but I know it's normal, but that's not something to worry about. I'm fine and I'd been relaxing lately."

"Good ! Less stress, better the pregnancy will go. And what about you, Kalvin ? Excited to be a daddy ? " She turned her head towards him.

He chewed on his lips, "Well..." He shrugged, "...I don't know. I mean...I'm ready, but not really. Uh...It's all new to me." He scratched the back of his neck.

"Don't worry, it will be alright. Now that we are in the second trimester, you could relax, it's more easy than the first one. By the way, the spam from week 13 to week 27 is called the ''honeymoon''. And it's around that time that you can feel the baby's first movements." She informed him happily.

He nodded his head, "Okay and...Uh...is she still going to act crazy or was it just for the first three months ? " He asked getting a dead glare from Cora.

Nessa chuckled, "To be honest with you, yes ! During that time of the pregnancy the woman realized more than she will give birth to a baby and so she got a little more worried and that's the father's role to reassure her."

He raised his eyebrow, "Okay. And who's gonna reassure me ? "

She kept chuckling, "As I said, it's going to be alright. Don't worry. Plus, you have my number, so just call and I will answer all of your questions. Well now, can we start the checkup or do you want to talk about something else ? " She asked looking at them. 

They shared a look and shook their head, "Okay. Let's go then."