•Chapter 17

≈Miami, FL...

(1:09 p.m)

"Why are you so angry today ? " Kalvin asked his best friend as they were playing basketball in Terry's court.

This morning, Terry called him to play with him. Even if they went to sleep at five a.m, the both of them already had a lot of energy to spend. Since one hour, they were running, dribbling, scoring baskets and Kalvin could tell that his friend was mad, but he didn't know why. 

"I'm cool." Terry lied and sat on the ground out of breath. 

Kalvin shook his head and sat down also, "No ! You are not and I know it. What's going on ? " He insisted wanting to help his brother from another to solve whatever his problem was. 

Terry sighed, "My mother and stepfather are going to divorce. I can't believe that shit ! I let him be with my mama, I accepted him in our lives and..." He sighed again shaking his head in disbelief.

"Hey T, we can't control everything. Things like that happen, unfortunately. How is mummy Daniels feeling ? " They were really close, so they called each other mother 'mummy'.

He shrugged, "It seems...like she's fine. This shit makes me wonder more what is love ? "

Kalvin frowned a bit, "What ? "

"You know how your parents love life influences so much on yours, right ? I had always been scared to be like my father and to treat a woman like he treated my mother and...when she got married I had...hopes. I thought that maybe real love does exist, but now they're separating. So what is love ? Can you really find it ? Do you really need it to live a...good life ? " 

Kalvin couldn't believe what he was hearing. Where all of this was coming from ? He knew that Terry was and will always be preoccupied by his mother's life and wanted only the best for her, but now he was philosophizing about love. What was really going on ? 

"T, what...happened to you ? " 

His best friend sighed and wiped his face, "I don't know. I...got her number and we discussed during like five hours after the Halloween party through the phone and...I felt that...connection."

Kalvin's frown only got deeper, "So...Uh...Mummy really divorcing or not ? And who is her ? " He questioned completely lost. 

"Yes, mummy is really divorcing. And it's Halley, your baby mama's friend." 

Kalvin nodded his head, "So the divorce made you think and now you're wondering if...Uh...are you falling in love with her already ? That's why you're questioning me about love ? "

Terry shook his head, "Nah ! I'm not falling, are you cray ? Or...I don't know. I shared things with her that...only you know. I don't know how she made me speak, but she did. Whatever enough talk about me. How are you and Cora doing ? "

Kalvin raised his eyebrow, "What ? Uh...We're just having a baby together." He answered shrugging.