•Chapter 53

≈Miami, FL…

{ The Next Day | (12:46 p.m) }

He really didn't want to be there, but he needed more answers. He needed to know more about himself and to be over with this period of his life. He needed to move on, but he couldn't without this conversation. But after that, he was officially done with them. He didn't want to start any relationship with her and he didn't care that much about this bastard. 

"I'm happy th-"

He sighed loudly, "I'm not here for us to have a family moment. I just want you to tell him the truth." He said cutting her.

She frowned looked at him like he was crazy, "You can't force me to d-"

He hit the table with his fist, "Yes I can ! Listen, I don't like him, but I think he deserves to know. And…that's all. That's why I'm here and for nothing else."

"I thought that you wanted to talk. We need to discuss this. Kalvin, I'm so sorry. I swear, if I could keep you with me, I would've done this. And if I could take you back before to be too late, I woul-"

"Yeah, well you couldn't. And you know what, to be honest and after having thought about this a little bit more, I'm happy Donya raised me instead of a junkie and alcoholic like you. Her and my dad gave me a better life, I can't contest that. Unfortunately, it wasn't the case for him. He hadn't been saved. Yo-" 

"What are you two talking about ?! Damn ! I'm confused." Cameron joined the conversation completely lost.

"It's nothing baby."

"Baby ? " He laughed, "I wasn't your baby last time you came. And the fuck is he here for ?! I and him don't like each other. What's going on ? "

"Noth-"

Kalvin rolled his eyes, "Be happy because she's not your mother."

Cameron looked at him like he had three heads. He was shocked, but strangely, and not even deep down in his heart, no it was bigger than that, he was happy. He felt relieved, "Are you serious ? " He couldn't believed that he felt good about this though. Not at 100 percent, but he was actually happy to know this. His childhood with this woman was everything but positive. He went through some shit he wouldn't even wished for his worst enemy. And all his life, he had always felt unloved. Yes, she had sacrificed herself for a couple of things, but how many times did he wish to have another mother ?

Kalvin nodded his head, "Yes. I don't see why I would lie to you."

"Who is my real mother then ? " Cam asked with stars in his eyes. He wasn't blood with that crazy woman.

Kal shrugged, "I don't know, ask her." With his thumb he pointed Mandy next to him who was furious, "I think she knows."

"Okay." Then he frowned, "But…who would be that stupid to give a child to that woman ?! Like, why did they let you adopt me ? I think you might be the worst mother in the world."