•Chapter 36 #Part.1

≈Miami, FL...

{ Two Weeks Later | (8:28 a.m) }

"I hope we're not late." Cora said as they were walking towards the reception desk. 

Kalvin shook his head checking his watch, "No. We're good, don't worry. Plus, these doctors are always late, so..." 

"Yeah, but if we're late too, they'll be more late and I didn't plan to stay here all day. We have to do a lot between today and tomorrow. I want everything to be perfect. We're doing great lately and I would like it to continue like that." She said smiling. 

Kalvin chuckled, "I think knowing that this bastard is finally in jail makes you feel like it, huh ? " He had never seen her that happy since they had met. Last week happened something they were all waiting for anxiously, mainly Acacia. Yohann called to tell them when they'll be in court. They went and all went so well for them thanks to Mr.Connor. Cora was so grateful for him and for her sister too, because she's the one who asked him to represent them. With the kidnapping and all the others shit he had done back in the streets, he was going to spend the rest of his life in prison. It was the relief and happiness for the McKall family and their friends.

They were finally done with him. 

She nodded her head, "I can't lie. He's the cause of almost all the shit I went through during these past years. But, let's talk about something else. Christmas is coming, so what do you want ? " She asked him curiously. 

He chuckled, "You don't have to give me something. You already have a gift here for me." He touched her growing bump beaming, "And I'm fine with that. So, the question iiiiisssss...What do you want for Christmas ? "

Someone suddenly cleared her throat, "Can I help you ? "

They looked at each other and laughed. They had forgotten they were not alone for a moment, "Uh yes ! We have an appointment with Dr.Gregoirs."

The receptionist raised her eyebrow looking through her computer. She wasn't the same as the last time they came here. She was less smiling and looked very tired, "Cora McKall ? "

She nodded her head, "Yes ! "

"She's with another patient, but she will be done in five minutes. You can go in the waiting room and I'll call you as soon as she's free to take you in."

"Okay, thanks."

.

.

.

"Yes ! I'm glad to see you two. So ? How is it going so far ? And I'm happy to know that...my little mistake didn't make you run away Kalvin. By the way, I'm really sorry, I didn't know." Dr.Gregoirs apologized sincerely. 

The two future parents shared a look before to stare at her, "Well...actually, you helped more than anything else." Cora said grinning, "If you hadn't done this, maybe I would've never told him about the twins." She added joking.