•Chapter 33

≈Miami, FL...

{ The Next Day | (8:56 a.m) }

"Why are we waking up now ? I want to sleep." Almar whined walking in the kitchen where Kalvin was cooking the breakfast. 

"Boy, you're young, you'll sleep later. Pancakes ? "

The young boy nodded his head sitting on the counter chair. Two minutes later, he had a plate filled with pancakes, eggs and bacon plus a glass of cold milk in front of him. Almar was a bit surprised that Kalvin remembered that he loves cold milk though. He had told him the night Acacia came back home while watched Kung Fu Panda to fall asleep. Actually, they hadn't really paid attention to the movie and shared some personal infos with each other. 

"Thanks. You want me to bless the food ? " He asked as Kalvin was sitting across from him. 

"No problem and if you want." 

Almar smiled, "Dear Father, thank you for allowing us to feed our body once again. You're too good for us. Amen." And he then started devouring his eggs and bacon. 

Kalvin chuckled shaking his head playfully at him and ate as well. A couple of minutes later, the two were done. They cleaned quickly the little mess in the kitchen and then went to get dressed. After one hour, they were ready to go. Almar didn't know where they were going though. 

"Kal, where are we going ? "

"Play ball with the guys. We're gonna get some money from these monkeys." He answered being cocky. 

Almar frowned, "How can you be that sure ? Plus, I don't know how to really play."

Kalvin smacked his lips, "Boy ! Listen, life is a competition, you always have to prove to yourself and everybody that you're the best and you can't do this if you don't have the mental of a winner. No matter what you do, always think you will succeed. And even when you lose -because it has to happen sometimes, so you can be stronger- never think like a loser."

"Okay, so you're encouraging me to be as conceited as you. Great." Almar said sarcastically causing Kal to narrow his eyes at him, "Just kidding. Trust me, your words entered in my mind and now they're stuck in my brain forever. Always think like a champion, never like a loser. Right ? "

Kal couldn't help but smiled proudly. 

-

-

-

Cora was finally relaxed, but she was still stressed also. Today, Yohann called earlier to tell her that they will be in court very soon, but the date was not picked up yet. Anyway, they had to be ready to face Cameron. She then let Acacia know and the worried look that suddenly appeared on her daughter's face was something she wished she had never seen. And it was all because of her first baby daddy. More the days were passing by, more she was wondering why she fell in love with that bastard.

Now, she was in her office trying to find new ideas for the club to be even more popular, but she then got interrupted by the doorbell. She sighed annoyed and went to answer. To her surprise, Roger was standing there beaming. Since she wasn't coming as often as before in the club, she felt like she had seen him for the last time about a year ago.