•Chapter 55

≈Miami, FL…

(12:38 p.m)

It was amazing. It was an indescribable feeling that was going through Kalvin's heart. He didn't know what to say, so he was just smiling. His smile was so big and it simply meant happiness. It was incredible to feel his baby girl kicking in Cora's stomach. It couldn't believe that was happening though. It was their first real interaction. Now he really wanted her to be here. He really wanted to carry her in his arms and to give her love. The sensation that he was feeling in his heart was something that had never happened before, but it was so beautiful. It was his love for his unborn child. She wasn't here, but he already loved her to death. 

"She's kicking ? " Acacia asked surprised.

Cora nodded her head, "Yes ! C'mon ! " She motioned for the twins to come towards her to feel the kicks also. 

Each twin placed a hand on the belly next to Kalvin's. And the baby kicked again. Both liked that. It was strange, because they had never felt a sensation like this before, but it was wonderful. It was like they were communicating with her. She was letting them know that she was here with them. They were so happy to enjoy this moment with their mother and Kalvin. It was special and it got them closer. Much more than they could tell.

It was magic. 

Cora wiped her eyes looking at them. The three were fascinated and a had huge grin on their faces. She couldn't help but going back to five months ago in her mind, when they first met. It was a real mess. A disaster. They gave his car away and he was pissed off. They almost made him run away. That's what she thought, but he stayed and they tried again and now…they were acting like a family. This moment was going to stay stuck in her memory forever. It was so precious. 

"Awe, she stopped." Almar pouted. 

Cora chuckled, "Fortunately. It hurts a little bit when she does that. So, can we eat breakfast now ? I think that's why she was kicking, she's hungry." She said joking. 

"Or she was just wishing you a happy birthday." Kalvin said and walked to the counter to take the plates and set them on the table. 

Once they were settled down, the four joined their hands and Kalvin blessed the food. Then they were feeding their body in silence. A comfortable silence. These pancakes and eggs tasted like perfection in their mouth. Mainly this breakfast seemed like to be something so simple, but they didn't need much to be happy. Cora was having an awesome birthday. And suddenly, her phone began to vibrate frenetically. And the phone house was ringing.

"Damn, they all decided to do this at the same time." Kalvin said standing up to answer the phone home. What he regretted once he heard Latoya and Terry loud mouths.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORA !!!!! "

Kal pulled the phone away from his ear, but he still could hear them clearly. He shook his head putting it back on his right ear, "Are you two completely insane ? "

"Kal, get off that damn phone and let us talk to the birthday queen. Pronto ! " Terry yelled causing his best friend to playfully roll his eyes at him.