•Chapter 8

≈Miami, FL...

(7 p.m)

Cora quickly walked to her front door and pulled her keys out, then unlocked the door. She didn't want one of her neighbours to see her in Kalvin's clothes. It's not like she cared, but she didn't need one of them in her business. She made a mental note to make sure her clothes stay intact the next time she was going to see Kalvin. She couldn't make a habit to walk around the town with one of his t-shirts and basketball shorts on. 

She slowly entered trying to make no noise. Her mother and children were at home, and she had to change, but they couldn't see her in her actual outfit. The three would ask her thousand of questions then and she hadn't time for that. 

She looked around and heard nobody, so she continued to advance. She climbed the stairs two at a time and ran to her bedroom. Once she arrived there, she immediately closed the door and then sighed in relief. She smiled proudly. Nobody had seen her as she wanted to.

But she was celebrating too fast.

"Why are you here ? I thought you were going to the club to make sure everything was alright for tonight. And what is that ? " Cora startled and turned around to see her mother folding her laundry.

"Mom ? Wh-What are you doing here ? "

Sasha raised her eyebrow and observed her daughter for a moment, "You better tell me everything now, before I find out by myself." She warned Cora then kept folding.

Cora rolled her eyes, "I don't have time, mom. I have to go."

Sasha shook her head and motioned to Cora to sit down on the bed, "Were you with that Kalvin ? Did you talk with him ? Why are you in man's clothes ? What were you really doing young girl ? " She questioned her like she was a teenager again. 

"Mo-"

"Answer, Cora ! "

Cora sighed knowing her mother was not going to let her go unless she told her everything, "Yes, I was with him and I think I don't have to really explain to you why I am in his clothes. And yes ! I talked with him and he's going to take care of his kid. He's coming with me to my doctor appointment next week and then we'll discuss more in details about the pregnancy and what we're going to do. Oh ! And I met his mother." Donya's words were replaying in Cora's mind repeatedly. I have my eyes on you, you ain't slick. What did it mean ? Cora wasn't trying to trap her son and she was going to prove it to the woman.

"Wow ! Already ? How is she ? " 

Cora sighed sadly, "She thinks that I'm a gold digger."

Sasha suddenly stood up, "What ?! No, no, no, no. HELL NO ! I didn't raise a gold digger ! My two daughter are respectable, independent, beautiful and smart women with big hearts ! I can't believe she dared to treat you like that ! Let me find her ! " 

Cora grabbed her arm chuckling, "Mom, you're NOT about that life. I appreciate it, but you don't need to fight for me. I'll win my own battles. You raised two strong daughters that can fight for themselves. I'll show her the person I am and she'll see that I want no harm to her son. I kinda understand why she reacted like that though, it's her baby and she just wants to protect him." She said smiling at her mother for her to know that her daughter was okay.