•Chapter 38

≈Miami, FL...

{ Christmas Day | (9:32 a.m) }

Last time they were all reunited was Thanksgiving and now they were all together again. They were all excited and happy to spend the day in family. There is nothing more important than family. This morning they all joined for a big brunch and after that they were going to an orphanage to be with the children and to make their Christmas memorable. It was something The Miami Heats were doing every year for the community and each player could bring his family and/or friends along with him to help.

Cora looked around amazed by the size of auntie May's mansion. It was huge, you could even put two  other houses in it, that's how spacious it was. And you could have your own zoo in the garden. It was crazy and auntie May had all of this just for herself.

"Mummy, I want to move in." Almar said looking as well.

Cora chuckled shaking her head at him, "But you won't."

"Aw." He pouted, "Well, I'll have a house even bigger, it's a promise and I will do it." He added with a nod.

Kal smiled, "Good. Keep thinking like that." He encouraged.

Almar put his thumbs up, "Always thinking like a winner and never like a loser, no matter what."  

"Exactly ! " They high fived causing a grin to appear on Cora's face. 

"Guys, c'mon, it's time to eat." Auntie May announced motioning for everybody to follow her in the dining room. As the others rooms of the mansion, the déco was modern and elegant with the colour beige being dominant. In the middle, the large table was set like they usually do in a restaurant and on each white clean plate there was a little golden piece of paper folded in a square form with a name written on it. 

"Wow.." Everybody whispered surprised, but in a good way.

"Auntie May, if I break something again, it won't be my fault. Seriously, you should've gotten the plastic plates and glass." Terry said joking. Though years ago, he did break one of her precious vases when he wasn't being careful around the expensive furniture. She had a lot of vases all around the entire house, whose half of these were presents. He felt so bad for it and promised to pay her back, even if she insisted that it was nothing and accident happen sometimes. She really wasn't mad at all. But he didn't listen and with some money of his first NBA check, he bought her a new beautiful vase coming from Africa.

She laughed slightly, "Only you." She simply said and then invited her guest to take place on their chair. Once they were all settled, four men dressed in black suit came in and put a little bowl with warm water and soap inside in front of each person. 

"Damn...Mrs.Dulkelman, can you adopt me pretty please ? " Latoya asked making everybody laugh, but she was dead serious. 

"Sweetheart, what did I say earlier ? "

Toya gasped, "Oh yeah ! I meant auntie May, sorry I forgot."