•Chapter 37

≈Miami, FL...

{ Christmas Eve | (2:03 p.m) }

"So, what do y'all want to watch ? " Kalvin asked the twins as the three were settling in front of the TV.

Acacia shrugged, "I don't care. Just don't put something boring. But Hunger Games is not a bad idea." 

Almar rolled his eyes then shook his head at her, "You always have to do too much than what you should."

"Tic, you know how she is." 

The young boy nodded his head, "Yes. I do know. She is something else."

"Unique is the word, I think." Kalvin sat next to her and took the remote. 

"I think it's more like weird, isn't it ? "

"You two stop talking about me like I'm not here. Immediately ! " She folded her arms.

They chuckled and Kalvin turned the TV on, then went on Netflix while Acacia covered them with the large and warm black blanket. 

Cora who was sleeping upstairs, had woken up and now was going downstairs wondering what they were doing. She walked in the living room and couldn't help but coed when she saw them bonding. That's what they were doing these past few weeks and she's happy to see them getting closer, "Aw ! You three are so cute ! Oh ! Stay right here ! " She went back in her bedroom and took her phone, then went back downstairs, "Smile ! "

Kalvin and the twins chuckled at her, but did as she told making her more happy, "Now...Uh...say Merry Christmas ! " Once again they obeyed. 

"Mummy, now can you stop please ? We're about to watch a movie." Almar said then grabbed a bag of Cheetos.

Cora beamed, "Sorry. I just got a moment. Well, I'm leaving you alone now. Have fun." She was about to walk out when Kalvin called her. She stopped on her track and turned around.

He patted the spot to his left, "Why don't you join us ? There is enough place for four on this couch. Plus, I'm sure you and the baby are hungry."

She playfully rolled her eyes and accepted the invitation, "Was I not supposed to eat more healthy ? " She asked as she picked an Oreo.

"It's Christmas time, so enjoy it while it lasts because once we change the year, I'm putting you on a diet. And it's a promise."

She chuckled shaking her head, "You won't do it. Leave me alone."

"Anyways, what are we doing tonight ? " Acacia asked annoyed by their little argument.

"And can we open the gifts at midnight instead of waiting tomorrow ? "

"Midnight is tomorrow, dummy." Acacia snapped at him.