•Chapter 51

≈Miami, FL…

{ One Week Later | (1:27 p.m) }

"I'm glad you came, K-"

"I'm not here to chit chat with you, Donya. I just want you to explain to me everything, since the beginning. And when I'll have all my answers, you'll better forget about me."

"Bu-"

"No buts, and's, or's, ifs, you're nothing to me now. I thank you for everything you ever did for me, I'll even pay you back if you want, I-"

She frowned, "I don't want your money ! You're my son, no matter what." 

He quickly rolled his eyes, "Whatever. Can we start now ? "

"Uh…your siblings are not supposed to join us ? You didn't call them ? " She questioned him growing nervous. 

He shook his head, "No. I'll talk with them later."

"Don't be mad at them, th-"

"Oh, but I'm not. They have nothing to do with this bullshit. They didn't take these decisions, they were just obeying their parents. I still love them.

"And me ? " Her eyes were filling with water. 

"Why should I love a woman like you ? "

"Kalv-"

"Can you explain the story now ?! I don't have all day ! I told you ! I'm not here to know how you're doing, matter fact, I don't care. I just want to understand who I am and where I am coming from." He said harshly.

She looked down at her fingers, "Everything started when I was in college. My life was…normal until that night that changed my entire existence." She took a deep breath, "I was out by myself one night, I wanted to relax and…there was this guy. He was attractive and so polite. He charmed me and I fell for his games. I thought he was a good person…until he drove me back home." She sighed sadly, "…I fell asleep and when I woke up, we were in this abandoned parking lot. Next thing I know, I'm getting raped." She laughed dryly remembering it like it happened yesterday.

"I don't want to believe you. My father would-"

"But HE DID IT ! That was his thing ! He was always showing his best side to everybody, acting like he was the perfect gentleman, but behind the closed doors, he was someone else. And there weren't a lot of people who knew it, not even his own parents." She stopped and wiped the few tears that were running on her cheeks, "I wasn't supposed to get pregnant with your brother, but I did. And when our parents found out, they didn't even give us time to think about our future, they already had decided everything for us. The wedding wasn't something big and we did it before I started to show up. And then the nightmare began." She paused playing with her hands.

Kalvin was shocked to hear all of this and it was only the beginning. He didn't know if he was ready for the rest, but he had to know or he was going to be confused for the rest of his life. But it was really hard to find out the all truth, mainly after all these years.