•Chapter 29

≈Miami, FL...

(10:03 p.m)

Kalvin was driving the fastest he could and trying to not get in a car accident. Was Mama C is danger ? Was Cameron there and hurting her ?  What was going on ? He was scared, angry and a bit lost right now. Why did she yell like that through the phone ? And she didn't even let him say something, she hung up immediately. And he didn't get any explanation. Was was happening ?

After a couple of minutes, he finally pulled in front of the coffee bar. He rushed out of his black Mercedes, locked the doors and ran in. As soon as he put one feet in the bar, all of sudden he heard someone calling his name and soon little arms were wrapped around his waist. He stopped moving and looked down only to see Acacia. What ? 

He was confused. What was she doing there ? Not that he wasn't happy to see her, but that's not what he was expecting when he received Mama C's call earlier. But he was so relieved to know that she was safe and has escaped from where that bastard was keeping her. 

He was snapped out of his million thoughts when he heard her crying. He hugged her and then picked her up. She had her arms around his neck holding him tightly. She was finally safe.

She couldn't believe she was away from the monster. She was finally going home. She was going to see her family again. The last two days were tough for her. She was tired emotionally, mentally and physically. It was way too much for a little ten years old girl. 

Five entire minutes passed by and he put her back on her feet. He then bent down at her level to face her, "How are you ? " He asked concerned and wiped some tears away with his thumbs.

She attempted to calm down first, but she could only cry. She couldn't believe she had just experienced hell. She was really afraid to see her so called father coming in the bar now and try to take her back with him. She was really distraught right now.

Kalvin noticed that she had difficulties to breath, "Hey, Acacia, calm down, it's okay, you're safe now. Inhale and exhale, breath."

"I-I-I want to-to-to go ho-ho-home." She managed to say through her sobs. 

He nodded his head, "We're going now, don't worry." He smiled and kissed her forehead, but his face expression changed as soon as he saw that one of her cheeks was slightly black/purple. The rage came back instantly. He absolutely wanted to know what had happened while she was with her sperm donor, "Did he hurt you ? " 

The young girl nodded her head slowly calming down, "Yes. He slapped him."

"How many times ? "

"One. But it doesn't hurt anymore now."

He wanted to punch in the wall and find Cameron to make him regret to even exist. He cursed out the parents in his mind. He wasn't for it usually, but he would've liked if that bastard's mother had chosen to abort him instead of bringing him into the world. 

"How did you come here ? " He continued to question her.