•Chapter 19

≈Miami, FL...

(3:18 p.m)

"Hey mummy ! " The twins greeted their mother at the same time climbing in the backseat. 

"Hey mummy's babies ! How was school ? " She greeted them back turning around to face them. After what happened at home, she talked with Kalvin seriously about him moving in and how they were going to tell the kids and also how to deal with Cameron for everyone to be safe. Then she finally cleaned her mess, took a shower and dressed as he went back to his condo to pack a bag. She was tired to feel so bad because of her ex. She wanted to be a strong woman. She wanted to be an example for her own daughter and despairing because of a man was not how she wanted Acacia to see her. She wanted her angel not to go through the same path and to do better with her life. 

Almar shrugged, "It was school." He answered nonchalantly. 

"Yeah, nothing special happened." Acacia said agreeing with her brother. 

Cora nodded her head and then drove them back home. In her mind she was hoping that they were not going to react bad to the news. Like two or three weeks ago, they found out about the baby. And now Kalvin was going to live with them. They were just starting getting along, she didn't want everything to go too fast, but they had to do this. It was for their security.

Arrived at home, the twins ran upstairs to put their backpack down and to change their clothes for something more comfortable. Then they went back downstairs to eat their snacks and watch some TV to relax. Their mother always leave them one hour to do this before the homework. 

Thirty minutes later, someone rang the doorbell. They looked at each other wondering who it could be. One minute after, Cora was opening the door and then Kalvin walked in. 

"Hey. So, did you tell them ? And did he try to get in contact with you ? " 

She shook her head closing the front door once he was inside, "No, they don't know, I want us to tell them together and no I didn't hear from him." 

Then they joined the kids in the living room where they were watching Spongebob. Cora took the remote and turned the TV off, "We have to talk." She annunced them sitting on the other couch with Kalvin. 

Acacia frowned, "But we did nothing this time." She defended her and her sibling immediately. 

"Yeah, we know. But...Uh...some little things are gonna change." Kalvin said looking at them. 

"Like what ? " Almar asked curiously.

"Well...Kalvin is going to live with us from now. And..." She took a deep breath, "...your...father...is...in Miami." Cora let them know getting nervous. They had never really talked about Cameron. Actually, they never really asked about him. The only time they wanted to know something was when they were about five years old and were wondering why they hadn't a father like others kids. Cora explained them that she still hadn't find the best father for them, so they had to wait. Fortunately for her, they took this as an answer and never asked again.