•Chapter 16

≈Miami, FL...

{ The Next Day | (10 a.m) }

The Halloween party was great. Everybody had a good time and they had to know each other a bit more. They played games, ate, drank a little bit and went to trick and treat with the kids to end the night on a high note. They all got a lot of candy. Kalvin enjoyed it for a first time celebrating Halloween. It was new and fun. Kaldrick and Kalia couldn't agree more. 

Today was the day though !

Kalvin was born twenty-six years ago. It was finally the first of November. He waited for this day for so long, he was happy that he made it until there. This morning, the first thing he did once he was awake was praying the Lord to thank him for giving him the opportunity to live another day on Earth and for all the blessings he received until now. 

He also prayed for Cora's father, who the birthday was today also. Yesterday, they were alone for a moment and they had another interesting conversation. By the way, Cora invited him, Kalia, Kaldrick, Amy and Mikayla for breakfast today and they accepted. Cora's family had been used to celebrate Mr.McKall's birthday with a huge breakfast. They eat all together and talk, mainly about the man who was once physically present in their lives, but never left their hearts. It was mostly Sasha who was always speaking, since she was the one who shared the most time with Bryan McKall.

At 10 a.m, Kalvin and his people arrived in front of Cora's house. They walked towards the front door and rang the doorbell. After one minute, they were welcomed in by Sancy. The long table was already set in the dining room, even the food was already on it. It smelt good, all stomachs were groaning now. Everybody greeted each other and they sat down with Sasha at the head. Across from her, there was a beautiful picture of her lovely husband.

"Now that everybody is here, let's eat ! But before, bow your head and join your hands, please." They did as she said, "Lord, thank you so much for waking all of us this morning, thank you for protecting us, thank you for joining us today around this wonderful table, thank you for the delicious food we're about to feed our bodies with and thank you for taking care of Bryan, who is by your side now and was and will always be the best husband, father, brother, uncle, grandfather and friend you blessed all of us with. I know you will continue to bless all the persons around this table for a long time and I thank you for that too. You're great, we appreciate and love you. In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen."

"Amen."

"And happy birthday again to Kalvin, I wish you another beautiful and successful year filled of joy, love and peace." Sasha added smiling. 

Kalvin returned the face expression, "Thanks, I really appreciate it and thanks again for inviting us today."

She fanned him off, "Aw, we're family now honey." 

"That's what I keep saying." Kalia said beaming.

.

.

.

After three hours of eating, talking and laughing, everybody was full. Now, Sasha was sharing stories about her and Bryan. Cora loved listening to it and to see the stars in her mother's eyes. She was hoping that one day, she will have that type of stories to tell also. One day, maybe...