76 - Who's a Good Boy?!

A/N: I'd like to address a question several of my readers have reached out to me about: fanart. Yes, I'm totally fine if any of you lovelies would like to draw Haruki. I would LOVE to see artwork of my lovely little angel (face...hehe!)

Kacchan brought us to the one place in the zoo that I adamantly avoided on the map. It was the one attraction I knew I'd have the least amount of fun. An exhibit created entirely from my nightmares.

If you want to scare me shitless, the best way to do it is:

"A haunted house? At a zoo?!"

Kacchan gave an exasperated sigh. "It's not haunted. You're just a scaredy cat."

"And you should know that—Ah!" I jumped when something moved behind one of the glass windows. My hands timidly moved around Kacchan's muscular arm. "What is that?"

"Uh, a snake? And don't activate your Quirk!" He started floating upwards.

"Oh. Sorry." I quickly returned him to the ground. "But I'm still not letting go of you."

"Jeez, Haru. You squeeze my arm any harder, you'll rip it off."

"That's what you get for bringing me here."

Since I clearly couldn't take the lead, Kacchan did.

Kacchan guided us through the haunted house attraction, named the "Dark Zone" according to the map, a place where guests could see animals that made their homes in dark caves and tunnels. Currently, those guests watched as I jumped and shrieked at everything moving behind the windows. There were snakes, spiders, various other creepy-crawly creatures whose names I never bothered to learn, and even a mole.

I was terrified, and it took everything I had to keep moving through the caves, keep moving after Kacchan, when everything that moved in that building made the color leave my face.

Everything scared me.

Except for one creature.

As we reached the largest of a set of glass windows on either side of the path, a handful of winged fuzzballs flew past us. A whole flock of them currently roosted up on the ceiling. Reflections of light bounced off the cave walls and illuminated the bats' tiny bodies, and their cute noses, too.

In my fascination, my hands fell away from Kacchan's arm, leaving him shocked.

"I didn't know you could get this close to bats," I whispered.

He stared, wondering why I didn't automatically shriek upon spotting them. "You're not scared?"

I shook my head. "I don't know why. Maybe because they have wings, too?"

Kacchan's lips parted in awe. He felt impressed, and that was an understatement. He never expected me to not be afraid. Whether he would ever admit it or not, Kacchan somewhat hoped that I would cling to him the entire way through the Dark Zone; he liked feeling my chest pressed against his arm.

Grinning, he kissed my cheek and took my hand. "Come on, Angel Face. We're almost through."

After the Dark Zone, we checked out any areas we missed and went on as many rides as possible, doing everything together. He preferred the roller coaster, while I preferred the water ride, but we both agreed that both were a lot of fun.

Also, I played a game of goldfish scooping in hopes of earning their grand prize sitting out on display. Unfortunately, I wasn't very successful and prepared to leave empty-handed.

Good thing Kacchan refused to let me walk away without the prize drawing me to the booth in the first place.

Showing all these damn extras how to goldfish scoop AND earning a couple Haru-points? Like hell I'm passing this chance up!!