11 - Starting Line

With a terribly guilty expression, Deku confessed what he said to Kacchan. All Might's response was just as I expected. "You told Young Bakugo?!"

Deku refused to look All Might in the face. "I'm sorry! I haven't even told my mom, but I felt like I just had to tell him something. I'm so sorry." He bowed his head.

All Might didn't know what to say, though I'm sure he was silently considering how much to admonish Deku. If it were me, well, I would remember that Deku isn't the type to show off, meaning that it wasn't out of malice or anything. It just seemed to be the result of his sincerity backfiring.

Smiling, I patted Deku's shoulder. "You know, I don't think Kacchan took you very seriously."

"You think?" Deku asked.

I nodded. "He looked at you like you were pulling his leg."

All Might said, "I have to agree with that. I can forgive you this time, but please don't ever do it again. You both must be aware of the responsibility that comes with having this power, and knowing about it. Should the world learn of it, I have no doubt that all manner of scum would come and try to steal it away. This secret is all that prevents society from falling into chaos, but more importantly, Young Midoriya, it's also meant to protect you. Understand?"

I looked over at Deku, who shakily nodded his head.

After an awkward silence between the three of us, a raindrop suddenly hit my nose.

"Rain?"

Looking up, none of us noticed the dark clouds fill the sky. It started to sprinkle. "A cape will work for an umbrella I think, right?" All Might laughed, covering himself with his cape to try and lighten the mood.

Using my wings like an umbrella, I gasped, "Uh oh. That's not good."

"What?" Deku asked.

Wanting to kick myself for thinking out loud, I waved at them both. "Uh, I just remembered that I have to take care of something. See you both tomorrow!"

All Might and Deku waved, and then I took off down the street.

Hurrying to the station, I caught the train to get home just as the doors closed. I stood up the entire ride, anxiously tapping my foot. When it reached my stop twenty minutes later, I burst out and raced down the stairs, forcing people out of my way. I made sure to call back "Sorry!" every now and again.

Please make it!

When I got to the station's front entrance, I saw a head of ash-blond hair standing just outside the doors. He gazed out at the street before him, clearly pondering the pouring rain. "Oh good," I said, gasping for air after my run.

Stepping outside, I heard Kacchan growl to himself. "Damn, there was a show I wanted to watch when I got home. I should've recorded it."

"Did you not bring your umbrella?" I asked.

He glanced back at me for a second, before staring back at the rain. "Well, no. Forgot it."

I grabbed my umbrella and held it out. "We could share mine if you want."

He clicked his tongue. "No thanks. It's not like I need one anyways."

I raised an eyebrow. "Oh. Then what are you going to do, Mr. I-Don't-Like-Rain?"

"I'm just going to run home! Last one there makes dinner!" He held his bag over his head and dashed off.

"But Kacchan! The sidewalk might be-" I watched Kacchan fall on his face. "Slippery."