68 - All For a Certain One

Kacchan appeared before All For One, being forced out the black liquid portal. He coughed and choked, catching his breath. Fucking just like the sludge thing, god dammit...!

The black liquid vanished into thin air as quickly as it showed up.

He had sweat running down his temples as he strained to pull air into his lungs. "The hell...are you?!"

"Bakugo!" growled Kirishima, eyes wide with horror.

"Apologies, Bakugo," spoke the villain.

"Huh?!" he barked.

Several more black liquid portals opened beside them and dumped out a band of all-too-familiar villains. "What the—?" Toga muttered, gasping for air. Spinner collapsed on the ground at her feet, groaning in pain.

"Something stinks!!" shrieked Twice.

Landing just before Kacchan and All For One, Shigaraki propped himself up on his knees and gazed up at his ally, a hand still covering his face. "Master..."

"You've failed again, huh, Tomura?" He steadily walked over to his underling. "But you mustn't lose heart. There will be more chances to set things right. That's why I've brought along your little band. And the boy...because you determined that he is an important pawn." The man stepped close to Kacchan and put a hand on his shoulder, making him tense.

As much as it was impossible, I wanted to go out there and rip All For One to shreds.

Don't you fucking touch him...!

All For One stopped and reached out a hand to his kneeling apprentice. "So, try again as many times as you need. That's what I'm here to help you do. It's...all...for you."

Kacchan stared at them, trembling; out of fear or age, it was impossible to tell. He wondered how he could get back to me with someone so powerful and dangerous in his way. I gotta fucking figure out something. I'm coming back to ya, Haru! However, despite his strong feelings, Kacchan's body didn't have the strength to move against the evil mastermind.

I had no strength either. The fear of All For One sapped all the energy right out my body. However, knowing that Kacchn was right there, very well within my grasp, I squeezed my eyes shut and bared my teeth.

Remember!! Why the fuck did you come here, Haruki?!

I remembered the moment when Kacchan materialized in Dabi's grasp, and the instant he vanished along with Kurogiri's portal. It had easily become the most traumatizing thing in my life, a nightmare that may never go away.

My body wouldn't move quick enough. That's why I couldn't save you! But now, I'm frozen out of fear! And yet, how can I say that when you're right in front of me?! I won't let myself give in like this!

My eyes glanced back over the rock. I analyzed the situation as fast as possible.

All For One must not realize we're here, or he wouldn't be talking so freely.

It's about six or seven meters to Kacchan from this spot. If I take off at just the right angle, at my top speed I could reach him in under a second! But what then?! Could we really get away?! Where would we go?! And everyone else would be in big trouble!! I can't just put them through that! My friends, who sacrificed so much to come on this mission and help save him! Him, the one person who means the world to me!!

I nearly suffered a headache from my thoughts racing out of control.

A plan...! I need a plan here...for everyone!

My fists clenched around multiple feathers.

Either way, I have to do something. I have to move! For Kacchan!!