43 - An Island Getaway

As it turned out, the guys didn't get too badly injured, just a few scrapes; they used their combination of Quirks to escape the collapsing building. Recovery Girl looked them all over once we got back to class.

"What was that about teamwork?" I laughed, leaving school for the day.

"I guess they can be cooperative sometimes, ribbit," Tsu replied, walking beside me.

We looked behind us, watching the four boys argue amongst each other. I made a frown and sighed. "Though it doesn't last for too long, huh?"

She giggled. "Not at all. It's a shame that you're going to pick from those four."

I glared at her. "Hey, I'm not in any mood to pick right now, so who knows who I'll end up with—And don't go adding Iida to the mix!!"

"Why not? I wouldn't be surprised if he likes you too."

I made a face. "Shut up already, Tsu. I'm sure it's not like that." It's already enough pressure thinking about three boys! Any more than that and my head will explode! Though Iida isn't such a bad guy...

Suddenly, a phone started ringing. Tsu rummaged through her pocket to retrieve her cellphone, reading the name of the caller. "It's Yaoyorozu."

"Momo?" I said.

She answered without a beat. "Hi, Yaoyorozu. What's up?" She tapped the speaker button so I could listen too.

"Asui, you're just leaving school now, right? You had that special class today?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"Do you think you could meet me down at the station? Head to Kyoko's cafe. I've already asked the other girls to meet there. Oh, and Haruki's with you too, right?"

"I'm here, Momo," I said.

"Great, perfect! I have some really exciting news! We'll be waiting for you both!" Then she hung up.

"What kind of news do you think she has for us?" Tsu asked.

I laughed. "It must be good if it can get her all bubbly and excited like that."

"Then last one there is a rotten egg, ribbit!" She raced down the street.

Wanting to chase after her, a voice from behind stopped me: "Haru, where the hell are you going?!"

"I forgot about them," I laughed, turning around. "Momo asked us to meet her down at a cafe near the station! Not sure why, but it sounds important! It means I'll be home a little late probably!"

Iida flailed his arms around. "It'll get dark soon. Do you want us to make sure you ladies get there safely?"

"That's alright! We can handle it! See you guys later!" Tsu replied. She waved, and then we took off down the street.

"Those guys worry too much," I laughed.

Tsu replied, "Ribbit, like actual gentlemen. Good thing they all like you so much."

I nearly tripped. "It's not like that!"

It only took us a few minutes to get to the cafe. We found Momo, Kyoka, Toru, and Mina all seated at a table outside. They smiled when they saw us. "Yay, they made it!" cheered our invisible friend.

"We ran all the way here, ribbit," Tsu replied, taking a moment to catch her breath.

"You didn't have to rush," Momo frowned, worrying over our tired states.