37 - Training of the Dead

The next two weeks went by rather quickly, since I spent all my time studying or sleeping. Time flies when you're having fun...

On the final day of that second week, our last school day before next week's exams, Mr. Aizawa had a neat little surprise waiting for us when we got back from lunch, in the form of four high school students from another school. "It's a little sudden, but for today's hero exercise, we have four hero class students from Isami High School. They'll be joining us as special guests."

The four students gave a bow: a small girl with pale hair and glasses; a chubby boy with light-chestnut hair and gigantic hands; a tall, slouching boy with bluish-grey hair and overly distinctive straight teeth; and a girl with bright yellow eyes, red hair, and head and neck that looked like a snake. She's kind of cute...

Everyone erupted in cheers, getting the chance to meet students from another high school hero class. Unfortunately, certain members were excited for other reasons. "She's a glasses girl!!" Mineta screamed, vigorously shaking Deku by the shoulder.

"You're too excited, Mineta," I muttered in disgust. Momo nodded her head in agreement.

"Hey pretty lady, can I get a number?" Kaminari asked.

The girl simply backed away, and then Kyoka attacked him. "Dammit, stop showing off your stupidity!" Kyoka hissed at him, while Sero and Kirishima laughed at their friend.

Mr. Aizawa used his intimidating glare to silence the class. Then he turned to the new students. "Introduce yourselves."

"O-Of course," said the pretty glasses girl. "Nice to meet everyone. We'll be running the exercise with you today. From Isami High's hero course, I'm Kashiko Sekigai."

The chestnut-haired boy wiped away the sweat on his forehead. "Same class, I'm Dadan Tadan. Pleasure to meet you."

Then the slouching boy said, "I'm Fujimi." He glared at Kacchan for a moment, before looking at the snake-girl cowering behind Sekigai. "We're supposed to have one more."

She quietly stepped out to introduce herself to the class. "I'm Habuko Mongoose."

The minute she said it, Tsu called out, "Habuko!" and ran over to give her a big hug.

"Tsu! It's so good to see you!" Habuko replied, fully accepting the hug.

"Tsu's friend?" I muttered.

"That must be her friend from middle school she always talks about," Momo said.

Deku whispered quietly, "I'm getting a little nervous. This shouldn't happen in nature." He was referring to the fact that frogs and snakes don't typically get along.

Fujimi snapped at his classmate. "Mongoose! Don't get all friendly with these UA guys!"

I raised an eyebrow. That's a little much—

"What did you say, you Isami Bastard?!" Kacchan barked, shooting out of his seat.

"Stop it, Kacchan," Deku said.

"Shut up, nerd!"

"Why don't you shut up first?" Mr. Aizawa said flatly. Grumbling, Kacchan remained in his seat and pouted. "Now, it's time to go. Everyone, change into your costumes and make your way to Ground Omega. Iida, please guide the Isami students."

"Understood!" Iida earnestly replied.

Leaving the classroom, Deku and I nervously watched as Kacchan and Fujimi angrily butted heads. They gave each other the death glare, hoping the other would yield. "Why do I get the same dangerous aura from them both?" I muttered.