55 - A + B Slumber Party

All of a sudden, a shriek echoed throughout the lodge. The sound ricocheted off the walls and floors of our room. However, it didn't quite raise any alarms.

"You hear something now?" asked Toru, curled up in her futon.

"Sounded like a boy? Screaming, maybe?" said Kyoka, cooling off by the window.

"The boys were fighting at dinner, weren't they! With the class B dudes, I mean."

"Idiots. All of them... But no, this scream sounded like Mineta?"

At the sound of Mineta's name, Mina popped up in bed and said "Yechh" with the same level of disgust she reserved for her supplementary lessons with Mr. Aizawa.

"He got punished, right? I hope they really threw the book at him!" she said, still good and angry about the night's earlier events.

Mineta had tried to peep on the class B girls during their bath. However, the class A girls and I warned them ahead of time. Combining all of our efforts, we were able to come up with a sting operation to catch the little pervert red-handed and hand him over to the proper authorities—our teachers.

"Serves him right!" I called from one corner of the room, where Tsu pressed on my back to help me stretch.

"That boy will never learn until he actually gets hurt in the process, I fear," added Momo, who was busy organizing her things. Raised in the lap of luxury, she had at first been shocked and horrified by the cramped quarters, but she had quickly acclimated when we explained that training camp was all about roughing it, so to speak.

"I should've stabbed his eye harder with my plug," grumbled Kyoka.

"And I should've hit him with the acid that really burns!" said Mina.

Criminals and villains would always be persona non grata, but to us girls, those who committed sexually-based offenses were especially heinous. While the rest of us were still fuming, Tsu spoke.

"I don't believe Mineta will ever truly change. He's been hurt plenty already, and it's never deterred him."

"You...may be right..." admitted Momo.

We all reflected on the boy's past misdeeds and realized that if we were to represent Mineta as a pie chart, he would be a solid circle labeled "Lust." Tsu's point was hard to deny.

"Even so, this particular offense was directed at the girls of another class... It's shameful that a fellow member of class A would do such a thing..." said Momo with a somber shake of her head.

I agreed with a frown. As vice president, I felt a certain responsibility for keeping my cohort in line.

Suddenly, we heard a knock on the door and a voice.

"It's Kendo. Can we come in?"

I glanced at all the girls, unsure how to react to the unexpected visitors. Those lying in bed sat up, and after I received small nods from each, I said "By all means" and opened the door. Itsuka Kendo led the pack. With her were Yui Kodai, Ibara Shiozaki, and Reiko Yanagi—a class B girl with bangs flopped over one eye.

Kendo thrust a bag toward me. "As thanks, for earlier."

"Thanks for what?" I asked.

"Wait, what's going on?" said Mina, intrigued by the bag and hoping to get a peek. She wasn't the only one—the other class A girls looked into the bag too, and we all yelped.

"Sweets!"

"Sorry, it's just kind of a mishmash of everything we had on hand," explained Kendo, jostling the bag of individually packaged cookies, chocolates, and other goodies.