80 - Off to the Dorms

Soon after we got permission from our parents, the day came when we would leave our homes and start our new lives in U.A.'s new dorms. I hopped out onto the front porch, bursting with an energy that told anyone I was in a major rush.

"You guys don't have to walk me to the sidewalk, you know," I groaned while struggling to slip my second shoe over my heel. My wings carried me down the stairs to the street.

"We can't help it," replied my mom skipping up behind me. "We just want to see you off."

"Well, thanks. I promise to call tonight before I go to sleep."

"And tell us everything!"

"I will." I tackled them both. "Love you."

Dad's wings wrapped around all three of us. "We love you too, sweetheart."

"Now, you don't need to be in such a hurry. You're not too late," said Mom.

"Yes, we are!"

A bristled Kacchan appeared at our side, tailgated by his mother nagging him about his hair.

"It could be just a little less messy, Katsuki."

"Whaddaya mean less messy? It looks exactly like yours!"

I laughed at the way his anger contorted his face. "Morning, Kacchan!"

"Mornin', Haru—Agh!"

Mitsuki swatted him over the head. "Put a little more effort into your voice. Look at her! She's gorgeous! Haruki, I'm so sorry that he can't make himself more presentable."

"It's alright. I like my messy hedgehog just the same." I ruffled Kacchan's hair, so he nearly chomped off my hand.

"Come on, Haru! We're gonna be late!"

"Bye, everyone!" With a wave, we sprinted around the corner and off to the train station.

After a moment, Mitsuki grinned and folded her arms. "So, who wants to place bets on when we'll be getting the announcement?"

"I'm guessing not even a year after they graduate," replied Mom. No surprise considering she and Mitsuki have been making friendly wagers on all kinds of things since their school days. "Loser has to pay for all the wedding expenses."

"Deal."

"HUH?!" screamed their husbands.

At least, they all had friendly chats.

Very unlike the current bickering between myself and my boyfriend.

"Sorry. Sorry. Sorry!" I hollered to passersby after Kacchan shoved them out of the way. We had just left the station. "Sorry, sorry, we're just in a hurry! Dammit, Kacchan! We wouldn't be running this late if you hadn't taken so long to get ready!"

"Shut up! I only got a late start because you're the one who told me not to stop! 'Faster, Kacchan! Faster! Harder!' Remember that?!"

"You don't have to be so loud! And which road do we take to the dorms again?"

"That one." He pointed to the road splitting off from the main one.

"Hang on." I picked Kacchan up to continue the trip in the air. With the power of his explosions, we shot off like a rocket.

The new student dorms stood about a five-minute walk from the actual school building, in a neat line stretching all the way to the horizon. Each dorm had a set of numbers and letters corresponding to their respective U.A. classrooms.

On the very first building: 1-A.

I brought us to a stop just before the gate entrance, dropped Kacchan, and planted my own two feet on the ground. Phew! To say we needed to catch our breath was a huge understatement. I nearly fell over from how winded I felt.