59 - Whirling Chaos

Tsu turned to the villain. "That's mean, coming out slashing at us! Who are you?"

Finally not staring at her bloody knife, the girl smiled. "I'm Toga." She pointed with her weapon. "You two sure are cute. Takami, and Asui, right?"

"She knows our names," I muttered in surprise.

Tsu replied, "Maybe from the sports festival? In any case, she knows who we are, which means we're at a disadvantage."

"There's not enough blood," Toga mumbled. "Normally, I'd suck it out directly from the cut to get more, but this machine will start sucking if I just stick it in, so my work will progress very quickly." She pulled a canister off her belt, clicking a button to reveal a thick needle. "I'm sticking it in now...!" She charged at us.

I got ready to attack. "Here we go—"

Tsu wrapped her tongue around my waist. "Haruki!" She tossed me above the trees away from Toga. "As much as you want to fight, don't! Fly back to camp! We were given permission to use our Quirks not to defeat the villains but to protect ourselves! You and I know both that's the kind of person Mr. Aizawa is!"

"I know, but..." I wanted to honor my friend's wishes, who clearly just wanted to keep me safe from harm. However, I couldn't just leave Tsu to defend herself. Because the person I am doesn't leave someone behind! I reached out. "You're coming, too!"

"Of course, I'll also—" Tsu tried jumping after me, but Toga attacked her before she had a chance. Barely able to dodge the girl's quick slashes, Toga's knife grazed Tsu's tongue.

"Tsu!" I screamed, using Zero Gravity to turn myself around and rush back to help.

Before I could reach Tsu, Toga jumped up extremely high and used her knee to send me into the ground. "You're an annoying little birdie, aren't you?! Cute, but annoying...!" She giggled again.

I kicked up a cloud of dirt when I smacked against the ground. Holy shit, she can jump high...

"Tsu...? Tsu... Tsu... Tsu...!" said Toga. She looked back at my friend, happily giggling to herself and removing the mask covering her mouth. "What a cute nickname. I'm gonna call you that, too."

"Don't! The only people I want calling me by that name are my friends!" Tsu made another attempt to leap away, but Toga used one of her canister needles to pin Tsu up against a tree by her hair.

"Get away from her...!" I screamed, rising to my feet and charging at them.

"Yay, then I'm your friend, too! All right!" Toga jumped up and down, getting dangerously close to Tsu. "You're bleeding, my friend, Tsu. You're so cute. I love blood, and I think I'll love yours even more."

I was seeing red. "Bitch! I said get away!!" Toga attacked me with her knife, but I dodged.

Unlike my fight with Stain, I was fully prepared to deal with a blade-wielding opponent.

Against an opponent with a knife, this is what you do.

I pivoted on one foot, grabbed Toga by her wrist and the base of her neck, and forced her into the ground with all my might. I squeezed her right arm to make her release the knife. "I really don't have time for you, psycho! Hurt my friends and you're going to fucking eat it!"

"That was amazing, Haruki!" Tsu gasped.

"Tsu, can you restrain her hands with your tongue? Or does it hurt too much?"

"Give me a second for my tongue."

Suddenly, Toga spoke to me. "Haruki... You're wonderful, too."