42 - Saving the World with Love

The day that school got out, Mr. Aizawa told us a special tidbit. Apparently U.A. teachers were allowed to hold a special class for students who wanted to train during summer vacation. He forced everyone in Class 1-A to attend his special class no matter what, which would be held the week before we left for training camp. Then Mr. Aizawa told each individual student what day they'd need to show up at school.

Today is the first day of that class. As instructed, I got to school early that morning, with my porcupine friend at my side. "So you're having class today too, huh?" I said.

"Yeah and I have no fucking clue what we're doing here in the first place," Kacchan grumbled.

"Don't sound too annoyed. It's just extra hero training I'm sure."

"I just would rather go swimming on a day like this, you know."

"True. Well, maybe we can go to the pool after class."

He clicked his tongue. "Yeah, maybe. Depends on how I'm feeling by then, and who I'll be dealing with today."

"Good point. I wonder who else we'll be having class with today."

Opening the door, we found Deku, Tsu, Iida, and Shoto all together. They looked over when we stepped inside. "Ah, Haruki! Bakugo! You're here! A full two minutes late!" Iida barked.

"Shut it, Four-Eyes! We're not late! Mr. Aizawa isn't even here," Kacchan replied.

While Kacchan tried ignoring Iida's speech on tardiness, Tsu stepped over to me. "So your class is today too then, ribbit," she said.

Hugging her, I nodded. "Yeah. Mr. Aizawa never mentioned who we'd be working with. I don't know if our group is too well-balanced."

"In terms of power, we have a lot. In terms of cooperation, they have none."

We looked back to see Kacchan sizing up Deku. Shoto called him noisy, making him nearly blow a fuse. Iida tried silencing them all. Tsu and I both laughed, where I then said: "I guess we'll just have to show those boys how things are done around here."

She smiled. "Like queens, ribbit."

Mr. Aizawa stepped into the room. "Morning. Please take your seats now." We all sat in our usual spots, awkwardly leaving one half of the room empty. "As you can see, we're running this course with a small number of students, holding it multiple days this week. Today, it'll just be you six. Just so you know, this will be harder than a regular class. Prepare yourselves."

I wonder what we'll do? If we fail, will he threaten to expel us again?

"In this class, you'll fight and capture a hypothetical villain."

"It's a really hero-like class!" Deku and I both cheered.

Mr. Aizawa's glare shut us up quickly. He cleared his throat. "This should be obvious to you, but villains commit many different types of crimes. You all will go to the scene of the crime and determine what happened there, whether or not it was caused by a villain, whether or not you should fight, and train your ability to assess the situation and your ability to deal with the situation. Your special instructors for the day are..."

All Might burst into the classroom from the back door. "I am here coming through the back door!" he shouted, surprising everyone.

"All Might!" Deku beamed, shooting up out of his seat.

"You're looking really muscular today!" I grinned, flexing my arm.

"It's not just All Might. Cementoss, Midnight, and Present Mic will also participate as special instructors," Mr. Aizawa said as the three heroes entered the room. "Now let us begin the training. Everyone, meet us at Ground Beta in your costumes." Without another word, all five teachers left the room together.