27 - With Friends Like These...

That next morning, I found myself racing into Tatooin park. I might have slept in a little, so getting ready that morning was a complete blur. I don't really remember any of the details. I didn't even remember brushing my teeth. I hope I did...

Reaching the park's center fountain, I frantically looked around. Not many people were around, considering it was eight in the morning, and none of them was the person I was meeting. I made a face, placing my hands on my hips. "Man, and I thought I was going to be late. He could at least get here on time."

I marched over to the fountain and sat on the stone, gazing up at the sky.

Yesterday, someone from my class invited me to go with them on a trip. To where? I couldn't tell you. Just an adventure, I guess, I thought. Well, it's perfectly like him to be mysterious.

We planned to meet here at the park, near Tatooin Station. It was a halfway point between both of our houses. He said that our destination was an hour away by train, so we'd have to leave early. We even exchanged numbers just in case something came up. I took out my phone and pulled up the contact in question.

I sighed. This wasn't a trick, right? I sure hope not...

After our talk yesterday, we both went our separate ways and headed home. Naturally, I got interrogated by Kacchan when I arrived later than him. I explained the situation and my plans for the next day.

Oddly enough, Kacchan reacted rather calmly. I even asked if he was okay about it, but he told me that he didn't really care. "I'm not controlling your life, you know! You can do whatever you want, and hang out with whoever! I don't really give a damn!" I guess that wasn't too mellow though.

I thought about Kacchan. He said he didn't care, but deep down, I know there was a lie somewhere in there. "I hope he's not too upset. If this whatever doesn't take too long, I'm sure we can still go shopping at the market and then make dinner," I muttered.

A voice replied, "You'll be home well before dinnertime."

"Ah! You're here!" Startled, I shot up on my feet so quickly that I dropped my phone.

He caught it. "Did I scare you?" He handed the phone back.

"A-A little."

"Sorry. But I was right on time, wasn't I?"

I grinned. "Eh, close enough, and don't worry about it. Guess I was just spacing out."

"That's dangerous."

I smiled at his red and white hair. "Anyways, hello, Todoroki."

"Hi, Takami." His eyes scanned up and down my body.

I folded my arms, nervously wrapping my wings around myself. "What are you staring at...?"

"Oh, uh, well, I did say we'd be going out together, but the outfit..."

Oh crap! He probably doesn't like it! Maybe I overdressed, or under-dressed? Do you think it's the color? Man, why did he ask me, of all people?

"It looks good on you."

Oh. So... he likes it... I blushed. "Thanks. I-I didn't want to make it seem like we're on a date or anything, but it is one of the few days I can wear something that isn't my uniform." I just wore a simple blue and white dress, sporting my usual pink scarf with my hair in a single long braid. It made me a little happy to know he liked the way I looked.

"I see. It is a date though. Isn't it?"

Sirens went off in my head. "Wh-What?! Is it a date?! That's an excellent question."