78 U.A. Style Parent-Teacher Meetings

Just as predicted, Class 1-A's gloomy homeroom teacher arrived at my home first before visiting the Bakugo household. I got back just a little bit before lunch, quickly scarfed down a sandwich, and helped my parents tidy up the living room. Right as we finished, the doorbell rang.

Mr. Aizawa stood at the door, and he didn't come alone.

"Afternoon, Haruki," he and All Might greeted with polite waves.

"Mr. Aizawa and All Might?!" I shrieked, startling them both.

"Oh my, two of our favorite Pro Heroes on our doorstep. What a lucky day!" beamed the wingless carbon copy of myself, standing just to my right. Dad busied himself back in the kitchen preparing tea for our guests.

"Just don't ask for autographs, okay?" I whispered, despite being tempted to ask myself.

"Anyways, it's nice to finally meet my daughter's teachers in person."

"And it's nice to meet you, Mrs. Takami," replied Mr. Aizawa as both teachers bowed. "I apologize for not meeting sooner."

"No apologies needed. That just means Haruki hasn't been too much trouble for you."

"Mom!"

She giggled. "Please, won't you both come in? My husband's preparing tea if you'd like some."

"Thank you." Mr. Aizawa followed her inside first, then All Might, and I closed the door behind everyone, and moved carefully to avoid tripping on the new pairs of shoes in the entryway. All Might's shoes were particularly giant.

Speaking of All Might ...

When I saw Mr. Aizawa speaking with Mom, and Dad, too, over tea, I took my chance.

"All Might!"

"Haruki, it's good to see you."

"I'm so happy to see you, too! Are you alright?"

"Yeah, thanks, but I'm more concerned about you."

"You are? I thought you'd be more upset with me, all of us, for what happened."

"Oh." His chin dipped towards the floorboards. "Well, it was a little frustrating to be honest. I didn't know what I'd do if All For One attacked you kids, or if someone else got kidnapped. Everything was almost in vain when you showed up."

It felt impossible to look him directly in the eyes. "Y-Yeah."

"You kids acted too rashly. I know you were desperate, I get it, but you really should've left it to us."

"I know. I know that. It's just ..." My hands gripped my feathers tightly. "None of us could sit still and watch from the sides."

After a beat, All Might nodded. "That's what will make you all excellent heroes in the future. I believe that." He put a hand on top of my head. "And it worked out in the end anyways, right?"

I stared at All Might's arm slung in a cast. "Did it?"

"One good thing did."

As though he released a dam, I teared up. I hugged him to hide the tears. "You brought Kacchan back, All Might! You used up everything, risked everything, even One For All, to bring him back, and you did. I never got a chance to say thank you, so I'm saying it right now.

"Thank you. Thank you so much, All Might!"

"You're welcome, Haruki."

I sniffled. "But, thanks to Kamino, does that mean you can no longer work as a hero?"