13 - Encounter with the Unknown

Everyone staggered back, realizing how much danger we were in all of a sudden. And coincidentally, during the time we were supposed to be practicing saving lives, they showed up right in front of us.

"What? Villains? There's no way they could get into a hero school!" Kirishima said.

Though USJ wasn't on the same land as U.A. High, I figured that there would still be measures taken to prevent things like this. "Thirteen, aren't there trespasser sensors here?" I asked.

"We have them, of course, but..." Thirteen replied, clearly not knowing what was happening.

"Did they only appear here, or around the whole school? Either way, if the sensors are not responding, that means they have someone with a Quirk that can do that."

Stepping up beside me, Todoroki said, "An isolated area away from the main campus during a time when a class is supposed to be here. They might be fools, but they're not totally dumb. This surprise attack was carefully planned with some sort of goal in mind."

Mr. Aizawa started moving the scarf around his head, stepping up to Thirteen. "Start the evacuation. Try calling the school. These villains even have something to counteract the sensors. It's possible someone with radio-wave-type powers is interfering. Kaminari, you try contacting the school with your Quirk, too."

"Yes, sir!" Kaminari replied.

"What about you, sir?" I asked. "Will you fight by yourself? With that many, even if you can erase their Quirks... Your fighting style is capturing after erasing the enemy's Quirk. A frontal battle is..."

He grinned back at me. "You can't be a hero with just one trick, can you?"

I stared at him. Yeah, that's right... but...

"I'm leaving it to you, Thirteen." With that, Mr. Aizawa jumped high and landed at the bottom of the steps. He began fighting against the mass of villains, easily taking them all out one by one with the combination of his Quirk and his magnificent hand-to-hand fighting ability.

"He's so cool," I muttered, watching my favorite pro hero in action.

Kacchan tugged on my wing. "Come on, Haru! Let's go!" We followed Thirteen and the others to the front door.

Unfortunately, a purple vortex appeared before us, just like the one earlier. A huge shadow erupted from the vortex, where you could see two yellow eyes near the outline of a head.

Everyone stopped and stepped away from the shadow.

It chuckled. "Nice to meet everyone. We are the League of Villains. It may be a little presumptuous of us, but we have invited ourselves into the home of the heroes, U.A. High School, in order to have All Might, the Symbol of Peace, take his last breath."

"Huh?" I said, not believing what I just heard.

"I believe All Might should have been here. Has there been some kind of change? Well, that is neither here nor there. This is the part I am to play." His shadow body started to expand like he was getting ready to attack.

Suddenly Kacchan and Kirishima attacked the shadow guy, lunging at him with a combination of their Quirks. There was an explosion that obstructed our view. When the smoke parted, you could see our two classmates still standing. "Did you consider that you'd get beaten by us before you did anything?" Kirishima laughed.

However, the smoke cloud cleared, and it was replaced by the same purple mist we were confronted by only moments ago. "Oh dear, that was close. That's right. Even if you are students, you are excellent golden eggs." The two yellow eyes narrowed.